Go to footer

Amber doll

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Amber doll

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:23 pm

I've wanted an Amber for my Ellowyne collection for a while now and finally got a nude/bald one for a good price. She's got black lashes and blue inset eyes. I need a new name for her as the only Amber I ever met, I didn't get along with. Nothing comes to mind yet. Maybe when I get a wig I like.

I had these wigs around and while I don't care for any of them, I'm thinking she may end up with smooth, long blonde hair.
ImageBlckLucky by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageLongDkBrwn by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
This long wavy one is too similar to my OG Ell, so I don't want to use it, but I like the length.
ImageLongWavBlnd by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageMedBrunet by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageShortBlnd by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
What do ya'll think? Blonde or Brunette? Or red maybe? Bangs or side part? I know it's ultimately up to me, but I'm lost for the moment.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Amber doll

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:58 am

Blue eye brunettes are always lovely, but I actually like her in the crinkly blond wig.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Amber doll

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 pm

The new wigs came in and as I feared, the red looks wonderful but it's too big. It doesn't sit right on her head and ended up looking too poofy to me. Of course, since the Monique wig line is going away, I couldn't find a red shade I liked in a style I liked in the right size. Sigh.
ImageRed1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
This is the blonde I thought would work but the storage made the bangs really wacky and it's much lighter than I thought. I like the style even tho I may trim up the bangs a bit. It's a much better fit than the short red. It will probably become her default wig. I got her some cute high-heeled sneakers to go with her outfit. The original set had green boots and a green hoodie with it. I may try the hoodie on her.
ImageBlondeWave by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I found one of her original red wigs on ebay but they want $55 for it and I just can't fork out that much right now. I may keep looking since I'm not completely sold on the light blonde.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale