Go to footer

Pic Spam of my Ariel ne : Gerschy & photo issue fixed.

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Pic Spam of my Ariel ne : Gerschy & photo issue fixed.

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:31 am

Gerschy had a great time this evening, even when our new cat was getting in the photographs. No, I didn't let her drink any of the wine. That was for me, during and after, the photo shoot. lol!
Last edited by absynthe1972 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Pic Spam of my Ariel ne : Gerschy

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:38 am

Really beautiful photos! You have such wonderful props too - I'm envious of that mandolin!

I love the kitty photo - somehow it seems that kitties and dolls just go together - whether you want them to or not hahahaha
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby cirquemom » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:30 am

Beautiful shots- nice lighting and atmosphere. What is it about kitties and dolls, anyway? And yet again, I'm so amazed at the versatility of the Sprite sculpt- it always looks so different, depending on hair and make-up. Your Gerschy is beautiful.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:40 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Really beautiful photos! You have such wonderful props too - I'm envious of that mandolin!

I love the kitty photo - somehow it seems that kitties and dolls just go together - whether you want them to or not hahahaha

That mandolin was probably one of the most expensive props I've got. *sigh* My husband bought it for me and wanted to get me an antique mandolin, since I love to play. The guy that sold it to us (evil-bay) said there were 'small, insubstantial cracks'. When we got it, the whole bottom of it is separating from the bowl and the neck looks like it was in a fire...or has some fire damage. You can see where the wood was charred. I can't even tune it now to play it, which is really depressing because I did do research on it when I got it. It was made in the late 1800s in Italy (I don't remember the maker's name off the top of my head), so I guess what Art paid for it wasn't too much of a waste.

Kitties and dolls just really do go together. I've never had a problem with the cats...except for the one wig for my Chun. *rolls eyes* My tiger cat thought he could use it as a chew toy.

Thanks about the photos. I really do love taking them. Some of the others I'll have to post later, as I took those with my film camera and my new Lensbaby.
absynthe1972

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:48 am

cirquemom wrote:Beautiful shots- nice lighting and atmosphere. What is it about kitties and dolls, anyway? And yet again, I'm so amazed at the versatility of the Sprite sculpt- it always looks so different, depending on hair and make-up. Your Gerschy is beautiful.

You know, that was set up on the dining room table with a halogen and the overhead lights on, along with a couple of table lamps spread about the room. lol!

Speaking of lighting, sometimes candlelight and a desk lamp with a 50W bulb in it (one of those blue bulbs) works really well...or even setting up flashlights (!) in strategist places works really well for mood lighting. I want to get a couple of those light bulbs that look like stained glass and try shooting with those.

Kitties and dolls... I don't know, other than they have laps that don't move. lol!

The Ariel is an amazing sculpt. I've tried doing a 'bad girl' look but it just didn't work. I think I like her innocent look because underneath she can be a bit of bad girl.

Gerschy is just an amazing doll. I hate to play favorites but she's certainly getting to be a favorite.
absynthe1972

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 am

She is beautiful! Is her wig a really light green? It's so pretty!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Eshalon » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:06 am

I cant see any of the pictures... I'll poke again when i get home and see if it just the internet at work that is blocking me from seeing them
Eshalon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Eshalon wrote:I cant see any of the pictures... I'll poke again when i get home and see if it just the internet at work that is blocking me from seeing them

I linked over to them from my Flickr account. I checked to make sure it was open for public viewing so hopefully you can see them later when you get home.
absynthe1972

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:51 pm

I can't see the pictures either :( I hope you get things worked out, it sounds like they are great.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:37 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:I can't see the pictures either :( I hope you get things worked out, it sounds like they are great.

Hmmm...I still can't figure out what happened. Here's the link to the whole set. :( I'm sorry. Normally I'm more computer literate than this. I think today I have an issue with FADD - Feline Attention Deficit Disorder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dream_quee ... 344719021/
absynthe1972

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale