Go to footer

I need help - who is this?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

I need help - who is this?

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:59 am

I received this head as a gift but I have no idea who he is. At some point sooner rather than later he's gonna need a body. I thought my AoD boy body would work but the color is all wrong and no amount of blushing that I'm able to do makes him peachy enough. He's pale with a yellow cast. I'm guessing Dollzone but his face doesn't match any of the ones on the site. Any ideas?

I did a faceup on him yesterday (no pics) and he's really quite the cutie. I'm not ruling out that it might be a girl head, but I thought "boy" right away. Any help would be appreciated because when I'm able to get a body for one I'd like to get the best match possible.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: I need help - who is this?

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:15 am

He's one of the discontinued Dollzone 1/4 dolls. I think Shuang, but I'm not 100% on the name. Defintely not Feng though.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 am

Shuang!!! Yes, that's what was written on the bag he was in. I just couldn't quite decipher the writing. Is his color yellow-normal? I'm going to go see if I can find some DZ resin samples. Thank you so much, GH!!! Now I can start to save for his body. XD
Mary Kathryn

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 am

It's hard to tell from photos - but he looks like he's the yellow normal skin (they also have a pink NS). And no problem on that - I'm glad I could even remember his name. The poor guy got discontinued pretty much at the same time as I started up with BJDs so I've only seen him a few times :) Can't wait to see what you do with him!
Greyhaunt

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:51 am

After making this comparison I think that the yellow normal skin is right. I put a faceup on him yesterday. Need to take some pics of him.

Mary Kathryn

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Yep Definitely Yellow!

OMG, I just saw that he has one of those old style headcaps that you have to hold down with the S hook when you attach the head to the body. God I HATE those! I have at least two older DZs and my AOD who are like that and I tell you I only ever changed their eyes once and I'll never do it again!
Greyhaunt

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Both my AoDs are like that. The Fei is easier to open than the Yo but it still requires three hands and a pair of pliers. I'm thinking about modding some magnets in because damn. :lol:
Mary Kathryn

Postby Llwynog » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:00 pm

I have one with a head cap like that and another one where the magnets came out. I put silicone wig caps on them and everything stays together.
Llwynog
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Rather that using the S hook with those caps, I just use an extra length of elastic tied to the S-hook. Works fine and doesn't require two strong men and a mule to get the cap off.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:07 am

With the headcap, I just unhook one of the feet and it drops the tension enough to get the headcap off easily. I actually like it for the posability.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale