Go to footer

Large Disney Store Princess doll questions

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Large Disney Store Princess doll questions

Postby Wardah » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:27 am

I am hoping this is the right section since they are 17 inches tall but does anyone know what kind of knees the large Disney Store Singing Princess dolls have? And also what kind of clothes would fit them besides their stock outfits?
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Large Disney Store Princess doll questions

Postby SetsunaKou » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 pm

I have the 17" Aurora singing doll and I have to say she is absolutely beautiful! Again, in that horrendous hot pink/fuschia, but if you don't mind it, the doll itself is gorgeous! The hair is so lustrous and thick, lots of curls, the face is just a 17" sized upgrade of the 11" doll (best Aurora face ever) and Aurora at least sings the whole verse! You press her hand in succession three times and she'll keep completing the song. I was really impressed with that.

For her poseability, I haven't removed her from the box, but I can reach in through the hole to press her hand to make her sing and I can see her arms are jointed and I'm pretty certain her legs are as well--99% sure. Since I didn't take her out of her box, I'm just fishing in through the hole and trying to feel a joint inside, on the knee, which I'm pretty certain I can, but it's difficult to know 100% as there is a lot of paper wrapping to 'puff out' the gown there! ^^;;

I really recommend these 17" singing dolls! Beautiful, quality doll at a great price!!! ^^ Too bad Disney is mostly sold out of them now, though....

The outfits that would fit, I'd think are MSD sized ones, though they'd be rather baggy on them. However, the 16" Tonner outfits would be too tight (Antoinette, Tyler, Etc) I never owned or saw an Ellowyne Wilde in person, but if she's a larger sized than Tyler & Friends doll, but still about 16-17", probably her size clothes would fit these Disney gals. ^^
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby delbelcoure » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 pm

Ellowyne is pretty much Tyler sized, so her stuff might not work.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Wardah » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:13 pm

So I would imagine Moxie Teenz clothes would be too small and the large BFC Ink clothes would probably be too baggy? Of course these are Disney so there is a good chance they will make lots more outfits unlike MGA who only released three outfits for each of their odd sized bigger dolls. But I doubt Disney is going to to modern outfits since they will probably just do each Princess's other outfits.
Wardah
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:38 pm

So I would imagine Moxie Teenz clothes would be too small and the large BFC Ink clothes would probably be too baggy?

I don't know about the Moxie Teenz (I don't own any) but I have one BFC outfit and yes, it would be on the baggy side. Not TOO bad---maybe easy enough to take in the waist area. I think that would be the main problem. ^^

Ellowyne is pretty much Tyler sized, so her stuff might not work.

Ah, really? So it's just her head that's bigger? Thanks for letting me know, Susan-san!! I've never handled one so it's good to know that she's about Tyler's sizing for costuming references. Thanks!! :hug:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 pm

To bring this back up I touched a Belle at the store today, knees and elbows, hips can sit but not straddle, guessing no waist. BUT she felt a bit larger than the Moxie Teenz. I think her body was bigger than Gene's. On the other hand she was very lovely and her hair incredible, didn't feel heavy or awkward. Face looked like the smaller Disney store dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Someone said they can fit Gene doll clothes.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollstore/5519098818/
And it looks like their legs do move. :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dollstore/5381187200/

I'm going on the Disney Dream in January and I plan on getting a 12" Rapunzel for it. :D
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale