Go to footer

Tonner Progress ,,,>^..^<,,,

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Tonner Progress ,,,>^..^<,,,

Postby AmberRose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Some of you may have seen my first thread about my new tonner antoinette mannequin i bought during their sale and it has a minor box opening and stage one of her faceup.

i figured instead of continuing to add in that thread i would make from for further progress.

after completing phase 2 of her look i have wiped the first set of brows i did while tired for a softer pair these are currently version 3 and i like these so they're staying lol.

i still have a couple things to wrap up then it's sealing and glossing in phase 3.

phase 4 will start when i take her hair down and decide what i am gonna do with her hair.

overall she poses well and i am quite happy with my purchase and wanted to share her :ugeek:
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Tonner Progress ,,,>^..^<,,,

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:35 pm

She looks pretty.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Mary Kathryn » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 pm

She looks fantastic!
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby AmberRose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:08 pm

Thank you both so much, Earlier today i sealed her and started playing with her hair a bit.
I glossed her about an hous ago i will try and get some more pics before bed tonight this next week i am gonna curl her hair i think i would like to get the honey one with red hair next and see about making my old elzen from ffxi with help of a lil apoxie sculpt or amazing sculpt and a haircut. my character was amber rose in ffxi hench the screen name ^^.

ok updated this post here is her most recent look
. still need to finish her hair but this he her post glossing :)
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Nice job!
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:10 pm

Good job on the eye makeup! Your posts got me looking into tonner dolls. I spent hours last night poring over the internet. Augh I wish I had known about them before the sale. I really want a Monica Merill Sweet Nothings. Can I ask you what your thoughts are on the quality of the doll? I wish the ones with eye sockets came with removable eyes. ...wonders how one goes about doing faceups on dolls with the eyes in.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale

Postby AmberRose » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:01 pm

I want one of the deanna denton basics. the athletic 17" bodies myself or atleast a red head antoinette, this being my first tonner i have never seen one with the real eyes but i would imagine a faceup would be similier to one with panted eyes. i have painted a face on a tiny doll before that had eyes already in it was annoying if i had to do it over again i would most likly only partially remove the original face and then just paint what i needed and enhance the rest seal and be done with it. then you could just tweak the original one and make it your own, personally i like the doll it poses well i wish the ankles had a larger range of motion but atleast it moves so i am not gonna complain about it. i would love to see someone take one of the lighter skin ones and pop a bobobie lan or lu head on it since the bodies should be about the same size i would think. currently i am uploading her pics i just took her hair down and gace it a quick styling i might change it later one but its cute for now. ^^ but i would buy one again i think their nice sculpts and pose well i read the lighter skin ones are slightly transparent but i can't say mine is spice color :

ok upload done
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:03 pm

I like her hair down a lot more since it works with her sexy bedroom eyes. I too have a thing for redheaded dolls...though I'm just discovering this fact. I also like the athletic body but it seems she only fits clothes made for her. I like the Sweet Nothings because it comes with a wig as opposed to rooted hair, though I suppose you could just shave her hair off and pop a wig on. Btw, what is that you're using as her barrette. It looks super cute and just the right size.

As an aside, I will be getting ResinSoul Yao, Li and Wu soon! I like Lan too but I figure I'll get the newbies while they have a lower price. I'm not super fond of the way BBB bodies look but I like the SG body that Lan comes on through RS. There are so many options for body+head combos with dolls that I wish there was a store near me that carried all the ones I want to test out before I buy.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale

Postby AmberRose » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:26 pm

i figure i will end up making my doll clothes as well i am really too cheap to buy them.. atleast i am honest but she will have proper shoes just debating what pair on the site mk posted i want. kinda leaning toward the wingtip heals they are nice.

so the athletic body would be the same but i am thinking msd clothes might fit that one better like some leggings and a knit top i know dollmore sells 16" fashion size that is suppose to also fit gene, tyler, etc so thinking of getting something from them for my current one, i like dollmore.

the barette is actually a button i had. i took a needle and thread swooped the hair up on the side tied the thread placed the button into the hair and sewed it into place lol. it looked like a piece of wintage jewerly to me i had several to choose from i liked that one the most, when my daughter was making plush douguts and dresses for trades some time back before we moved we bought a ton of buttons and beads for accent. it works ;) i looked for a tiny barette but most were too big or looked too young for her.

i considered the shaving the head for this one but i thought let me play with it first ;)
AmberRose
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:08 pm

I really like the curls; they give her a very soft look.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale