Go to footer

Tonner 2011 update - ToyFair 2011 Tonner reveals.

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Tonner 2011 update - ToyFair 2011 Tonner reveals.

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't think I would mind Tonner having another Wonder Women too much if this wasn't the 8th one! Though it is really neat that her eyes can be removed and such. I only know some of the other DC girls because I've been watching the new Young Justice cartoon and some of Teen Titans. I hope they come out with another Power Girl and maybe a Miss Martian. ;)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby britbrat18 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:16 pm

I am loving the Ariel and Jasmine dolls, though they don't look much like their cartoon counterparts. Though Ariel does look more like Ariel then Jasmine doe, and I am loving her dress, that has to be the most beautiful Ariel dress I've seen.

I really love looking at all the Tonner stuff, and I wish some of the clothes weren't so expensive, I'd snatch up all of it in a heartbeat.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:27 pm

I've bought some patterns sized for Tonner 22s and I've still had to do a bit of adjusting for my 50cms, though not a whole lot. CED patterns are great for 50s as well - again, a bit of adjusting, but nothing an average/advanced beginner can't manage :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:10 pm

The clothes have me drooling!
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Tira-chan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:I've bought some patterns sized for Tonner 22s and I've still had to do a bit of adjusting for my 50cms, though not a whole lot. CED patterns are great for 50s as well - again, a bit of adjusting, but nothing an average/advanced beginner can't manage :)

Ooh, that sounds nice. It shouldn't be too bad, since I've modified a sailor suit pattern for a 19" little girl, not to mention messing with the MSD/SD patterns online. What's CED stand for?

Um, to non-hijack this thread, they do have some very pretty girls coming. I was pleased to see Raven and Starfire, though Raven doesn't look that much like in the comics (and I kinda like the cartoon version better). Personally, if they're doing DC girls, I'd like to see any of the Outsiders girls, especially Indigo. The Disney girls are cute, too. I really like Jasmine, she's just gorgeous.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby K2! » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 pm

TheHighlander wrote:
K2! wrote:Mature Anna Marie is wondering if the Jessica Rabbit dress would fit her.

Actually, it might. The thing is held up by transparent straps of a stretchy mono-filament. The body underneath is a 17-inch (41cm-ish) body, but she's busty and hippie. The biggest difference between that body and a mature 50cm is more than likely the legs. Misheru has a Jessica Rabbit, with dress, so we may be able to try it on someone to see about the body fit.

Busty and hippy, I think AM's got that covered. Mature Anna Marie is a VMF50 Type B with a heart stopping 23cm/13.5cm/26cm figure on a 52cm (20.5") tall frame.
http://vmf.yamato-toys.com/gallery/photo.php?glid=4
http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/zoomer ... a&gid=1261
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm

Tira-chan wrote:Ooh, that sounds nice. It shouldn't be too bad, since I've modified a sailor suit pattern for a 19" little girl, not to mention messing with the MSD/SD patterns online. What's CED stand for?

Actually you just search for CED dolls - CED basically stands for Collectors Edition Dolls...the company name.

And dont' worry about hijacking - happens around here all the time LOL
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Misheru » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:40 am

K2! wrote:
TheHighlander wrote:
K2! wrote:Mature Anna Marie is wondering if the Jessica Rabbit dress would fit her.

Actually, it might. The thing is held up by transparent straps of a stretchy mono-filament. The body underneath is a 17-inch (41cm-ish) body, but she's busty and hippie. The biggest difference between that body and a mature 50cm is more than likely the legs. Misheru has a Jessica Rabbit, with dress, so we may be able to try it on someone to see about the body fit.

Busty and hippy, I think AM's got that covered. Mature Anna Marie is a VMF50 Type B with a heart stopping 23cm/13.5cm/26cm figure on a 52cm (20.5") tall frame.
http://vmf.yamato-toys.com/gallery/photo.php?glid=4
http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/zoomer ... a&gid=1261

It should be fine. The body that the Jessica dress is made for has an 21cm/13.5cm/22cm (appx) body size and is 43cm tall AND the dress is stretchy. :D The slit will just be extremely high cut. :lol:

I have seen a number of Jessica's on the secondary market lots less expensive than retail. I don't think she was a big seller. Most of the Tonner dolls can be found less than Tonner's retail prices if you find a dealer or look to the secondary market.
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby TheHighlander » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:13 am

Misheru wrote:It should be fine. The body that the Jessica dress is made for has an 21cm/13.5cm/22cm (appx) body size and is 43cm tall AND the dress is stretchy. :D The slit will just be extremely high cut. :lol:

I have seen a number of Jessica's on the secondary market lots less expensive than retail. I don't think she was a big seller. Most of the Tonner dolls can be found less than Tonner's retail prices if you find a dealer or look to the secondary market.

So, it'll be like squeezing a DeeAnna Denton into a Daisy & Willow sailor dress?

TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:42 am

I have to also admit I keep looking at the Starfire and thinking--with just a simple eye repaint and some wings, I'd have a mini-Seraphym....
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale