Go to footer

Girls with elf ears?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Girls with elf ears?

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Peri is 20 3/4 inches tall, which translates into 53cm tall. (taller than Omi) A 58cm doll would be exactly 2 5/8" taller than Gina currently is. The 58cm dolls would be 23 3/8 inches tall total if my math is correct. Modding the ears on Qi would be very easy. Gerald and I could do it for you.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Resu » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 pm

The Pandora's vampire teeth aren't actually all that prominent in photographs or in person. If anything, you can have someone carefully sand them out if it bothers you too much.

If you're set on having a 50cm body, I believe Rosette School For Dolls are 50cm tall, too. None of them half elf ears, though.

Oceanmoon also has a 50cm body if you want to go the hybriding route. Their NS resin is on the yellowish side, though, just so you know for resin matching purposes.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

When I originally made Vickie, I wanted her on the (then only promised) 50 cm Obitsu body. When that finally came out I tried Vickie's original head (which is on the heavily modded 50cm BBB body now) a DZ Mo MSD head, on the 50 cm Obitsu body. Sadly the neck is WAY too big for that, and after considering K2s many suggestions for modding, decided that I didn't want to alter the Obitsu.

I just tried my Mei head on the Obitsu; it looks even worse than the Mo, VERY pinheaded. If you are married to the Mei sculpt, this is not going to work.

Now having said that, I think there are a number of small SD sized resin heads that probably WOULD work on the 50 cm Obitsu. Young Vickie is a discontinued SD (I think) DZ head. Yu? It's A GOOD bit smaller than the current DZ SD heads, about halfway between the SD and MSD size. As you can see here in the side by side of Young Vickie (left) and SWC Vickie (right).

Young Vickie: SMALL SD head on Obitsu 50 cm
SWC Vickie: MSD Mo head on BBB 50 cm

Now...looking at the various dolls I have, the Impl Heloise head is about the same size as this discontinued DZ head. That's a head circumference of 21 cm. Looking at the BBB stuff Emory has, he has an elf-eared BBB Yun with a head of 20 cm. I think that this head would fit very well on the Obitsu 50 cm body, and not look like bobbleheaded. You'll have to go NS rather than whiteskinned but if you are not married to WS, this combo looks like it will work.

I think we may have a winner.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 am

ivory stardust wrote:the Obitsu body Ginny currently has is 50cm *without* head, thus putting her bigger when she's not decapitated?

I'd been looking for a slightly larger MSD, around 44cm... since she's just so much smaller than pretty much everyone in the house but Zane... But I may look into Fairyland, just to see what they have.

If you will look at my pic of the two Vickies, you will see that the BBB is significantly smaller than the Obitsu, and yet they are both listed as 50 cm.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale