Go to footer

Girls with elf ears?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Girls with elf ears?

Postby ivory stardust » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Does anyone know of any MSD sized girls with pointy ears, besides BBB? I'm thinking of upgrading Ginaphae to resin.
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Re: Girls with elf ears?

Postby Greyhaunt » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:19 pm

ivory stardust wrote:Does anyone know of any MSD sized girls with pointy ears, besides BBB? I'm thinking of upgrading Ginaphae to resin.

not offhand, but Zircon said the obitsu Alice head would look cute with the Gretel Pixie ears installed on it hehehehehe
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Ginaphae is so cute as a 50cm!!! Besides, I have really awesome clothes coming her way! And I think the Pixy ears would also work on the Hensel head. An MSD would make her a lot smaller.

Edit: added Hensel head with Pixy ears held on with eye putty. They could be added much nicer, but I just did it quickly.
Last edited by zirconmermaid on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:06 pm

ivory stardust wrote:Does anyone know of any MSD sized girls with pointy ears, besides BBB? I'm thinking of upgrading Ginaphae to resin.

I think you mean, "I'm thinking of changing Ginaphae to resin."
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

OK, if you really want her to be resin... I cannot suggest this one highly enough. She is a Junkyspot exclusive, and you CAN'T beat this price for this dollImage.
$499 is a fabulous price, and worth saving up for. She will still be somewhat small, not as small as a 50cm, but still delicate. She's 58cm, which will be only about 2 inches taller than Gina is now. Most of her clothes will still fit.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Aw, I like Ginaphae the way she is. If you do decide to change her, a smaller doll will probably be able to wear her current outfits better than a bigger one - Dess can fit into MSD clothes pretty easily, and some of the patterns are even too wide for her.

If you just want bigger ears, I've got a pair of Pixy Gretel ears I'd be willing to send you for the cost of shipping.

Also, Pandora is gorgeous and has wonderfully Vulcanesque ears. I just hope there's still some way I can get one once I actually have the money to afford her.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby ivory stardust » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 pm

K2! - yes, that is exactly what I mean. Thank you for the proper wording. <.< .... >.>

The issue isn't the Henzel ears. I actually really like them. She doesn't have hugely pointed ears, just a slight point. The problem is I just seem totally unable to bond with my poor vinyl girls. :( I have another girl here too that's having the same thing going on. I love my Ginny as a character, but her adorable little self just sits there, because I just... for some reason... am not drawn to her vinyl form like I feel I should be. It's not fair to her, or the awesome Obitsu body she's currently in... to not be played with.

I keep finding myself drawn to the BBB Lotus... she's 50cm, almost the same measurements and everything... but the ears are human... and I have no idea how to change that. Wouldn't need very big ears, just a tiny delicate point... kind of like what the Henzel comes with even. I like the Mei head, but I think the neck on it is 6cm, and the Lotus body is an 8cm if I'm remembering right, so that might look weird. Thought about the Mei head on an AoD girl body...
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:02 pm

If you do like Lotus's face, it'd probably be pretty easy to either mod the ears yourself or commission someone to do it, especially since you only want a small point.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby landwhale » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Not sure if you are looking for a younger sculpt but DikaDoll has a very cute elf. I actually preordered her as well as a sleeping head.

http://www.alicescollections.com/elf-rena-p-711.html
http://www.alicescollections.com/elf-re ... -3608.html
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Resu » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 pm

You do not want the BBB 50cm body. It is full of fail. Several people have attempted to mod the body to be functional, but it takes a lot of work and it still doesn't work out well enough to make the effort worth it.
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale