Go to footer

Girls with elf ears?

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Girls with elf ears?

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 pm

ivory stardust wrote:I keep finding myself drawn to the BBB Lotus... she's 50cm, almost the same measurements and everything... but the ears are human... and I have no idea how to change that. Wouldn't need very big ears, just a tiny delicate point... kind of like what the Henzel comes with even. I like the Mei head, but I think the neck on it is 6cm, and the Lotus body is an 8cm if I'm remembering right, so that might look weird. Thought about the Mei head on an AoD girl body...

Oh nonononono. You do NOT want the 50 cm BBB/RS body. I really cannot stress this enough.

The joints are not even true ball joints. They are hinge joints. This severely restricts posing. The ONLY way I could get Vickie to stand and pose is to fully wire her. Now this does not matter to me too much because I don't do a lot of photostories, and she is always clothed from the chin down, but if you are planning on having any joints exposed the wires will be visible. The wrist joints are terrible and so small you cannot, I repeat, cannot, fit an S hook in there, they do not make them that small. The Lotus at least does not have the Baboon Butt of the Luna, but it does have the Cupcakes O Doom boobs which look ridiculous unless fully clothed.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Aeilia » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:09 pm

Souldoll has Asen, a 40cm Soulkid girl with small pointy ears.

http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1900
Aeilia
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Resu and VV got to the post first!

However, just to tempt you, here is a comparison shot of my Elfdoll Tennin and Peri, my 50cm. Tennin is the same size as Pandora! And that lovely outfit she's wearing? You guessed it - it's Gina's! Check out Junkyspot for pictures of it! They are both wearing high heels, however Peri's are a little shorter than Tennin's.

Did I mention that if Pandora is the same headsize as Tennin, you will be able to use the same wig?
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 pm

So, Kiki called me, and she is probably sending you a PM, but here is a teaser for you:

Angel of Dream, Elf Qi
Measurements:
Height:58 cm
Circumference of head:22 cm
Circumference of neck:9 cm
Shoulder width:10 cm
Length of arm:17 cm
Bust:26 cm
Waist:18 cm
Hips:26 cm
Length of leg:27 cm
Circumference of thigh:14 cm
Circumference of calf:10 cm
Length of foot:7 cm

Details:
Recommend eye size: 16mm
Knee joints: double joints
Elbow joints: double joints
Body type: SMG- Female Version two

Emory has her in stock...
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby cirquemom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:09 am

Talk to Victoria Victrix before you buy that 50. Is Ginaphae on a 50 cm obitsu or is she on a 60 cm? Because you could put a Mei head on the 50 cm body- I think it would probably be fine. I have a Shinydoll head on a 50 cm body and it works great.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:38 am

Mei is pretty small, I don't think that a Mei head would work.
It's all about Hazel!

zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:59 am

Bobobie 50cm are HORRORFYING PIECES OF POORLY SCULPTED POOPIENESS. But I got one :/
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby K2! » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 am

ivory stardust wrote:K2! - yes, that is exactly what I mean. Thank you for the proper wording. <.< .... >.>

Sorry. I was over at DoA earlier and that always puts me in a mood.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Stormlight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:11 am

Have you considered Fairyland? They have several elf-heads for their Minifee line (40cm). And if you use their a la carte system, you can pick and choose which type of head and body you want, bust-size (three sizes), leg type (model or cutie), hand type, ect. True, they're more expensive than BBB or others, but their active line body's ability to pose is AMAZING. Totally worth every penny.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby ivory stardust » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:32 am

Ok... BBB 50cm = bad, bad, badness. Thanks for the info on that... saves me loads of time and grief!

K2! - No problem, I really didn't mean to offend at all. I've heard it phrased that way and just went with it. I do agree though, it's not an upgrade, it's a change. She's an awesome doll as she is, and such a great poser! It's me, not her. ^__^ And she deserves better than to sit on a shelf and not get played with.

The DikaDoll and the Souldoll girls are both really cute! Unfortunately, they're too young looking for Ginny.

Pandora IS gorgeous... but she'd got vampy teeth. :(

Qi is gorgeous too! And if I could get her ears modded down just a bit so they aren't quite so bit.... hmmm...

I was really wanting her to be smaller than a 58cm though... or is it a case of those two are 58cm *with* head, and the Obitsu body Ginny currently has is 50cm *without* head, thus putting her bigger when she's not decapitated?

I'd been looking for a slightly larger MSD, around 44cm... since she's just so much smaller than pretty much everyone in the house but Zane... But I may look into Fairyland, just to see what they have.

There *really* needs to be more 50cm options out there! Just sayin'. LOL
Sometimes, you just need a nap!
ivory stardust
Dolly Pardon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale