Go to footer

Dove gets a makeover (BBB Pixie)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Dove gets a makeover (BBB Pixie)

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Today I finally had the magic combination of time, energy and good weather and I gave Dove a new faceup! I also gave her a fresh mani-pedi. I'd never used MSC on anything but a head before, I ended up mummifying her in plastic wrap so I wouldn't have to take her hands and feet off because I haven't put them on S-hooks and I didn't want to completely unstring her. XD

I did her nails first in gold, and they turned out so nice that tomorrow I'm going to do Peaseblossom's nails in silver.

And then I did her faceup. I'm pretty pleased with it! It might be a little heavy at parts but I haven't done all that many faceups before. Still learning, and if I decide I want it to look different I can always wipe it later and redo it. I like how her lower eyelashes turned out, though.

I'm going to redo a couple other faces among my horde, but that can wait until after my con at the end of the month. I'd wanted to have her all done now though, because she's the one coming with me.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Re: Dove gets a makeover (BBB Pixie)

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:28 pm

She looks so fab, great job!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby zirconmermaid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:48 pm

I think she looks extremely happy with her new makeover! You are certainly giving her lots of love! She's looks great!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:11 am

She really does look happy! :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby cirquemom » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:21 am

She looks fantastic, and I'm so happy she has a home where she gets lots of love!
And I do the same thing with the plastic wrap because I'm lazy, lol!
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks, I'm pretty pleased with it, though I still think I may wipe her again later and redo her with less red in her cheeks. It's not as obvious in the pictures though...really depends on the light.

If her hands and feet were on hooks it wouldn't be an issue taking them off. XD But they're not so taking them off would be a paaaain. I had so much fun doing her nails though that I ended up doing both of my other Bobobies since I had a bunch of other paint colors and it's nice again today. XD

I'm tempted for when I take Dove to Tekko to paint my own nails gold to match her, cause I have that color. XD
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby PinkCow » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

Ooh, she looks fabulous! I think this is the same girl I waffled over a little bit, so I'm really glad to see she's gone to a good home. And I'm always thrilled to see dark tan dolls getting some love! :D I definitely think you should paint your nails to match hers. ^^
PinkCow
i see dead dolliehs

Postby EAB » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Great job. I love all the gold/yellow.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby OutBriefCandle » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:22 pm

Thanks.

You know, I'd been kind of afraid of having a tan doll when I got into the hobby. After handling her it really doesn't seem any scarier than caring for her blue and lilac siblings...or maybe that's just me. XD ...and she's obviously as tough as my other Bobobies, I'd put newspaper over one of those little folding TV tray tables when I sprayed her, which I did on the porch, then I went back in the house for a minute to let the MSC in the air dissipate. When I looked out the door a minute later, the wind had caught the paper and took it all to the floor, her head included. Not a mark. I made sure to weigh the paper down better the rest of the day, though, nearly had a heart attack.

I wish darker shades like this were more readily available (and weren't so difficult for the companies to make!). It's even more beautiful in person.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby richila » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:01 pm

OutBriefCandle wrote:Thanks.

You know, I'd been kind of afraid of having a tan doll when I got into the hobby. After handling her it really doesn't seem any scarier than caring for her blue and lilac siblings...or maybe that's just me. XD ...and she's obviously as tough as my other Bobobies, I'd put newspaper over one of those little folding TV tray tables when I sprayed her, which I did on the porch, then I went back in the house for a minute to let the MSC in the air dissipate. When I looked out the door a minute later, the wind had caught the paper and took it all to the floor, her head included. Not a mark. I made sure to weigh the paper down better the rest of the day, though, nearly had a heart attack.

I wish darker shades like this were more readily available (and weren't so difficult for the companies to make!). It's even more beautiful in person.

I agree, my Mei is the dark tan resin and she is so lovely.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale