Go to footer

Sprites have such pretty ears... (x-posted from JS)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Sprites have such pretty ears... (x-posted from JS)

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 pm

...So I poked them full of holes! Last night I bought a pin vise and a couple different bits, I ended up using a #68 I think because it looked like the best match for the piercings my friend had done on Peaseblossom, my BBB Ariel.

I was nervous because I'd never done it before and I wanted to put five piercings in his left ear, but I went slow and spaced them carefully and it all went okay! I'm really pleased with the way they've turned out, I've been thinking about giving him these piercings forever, like the green cat eyes and painted nails they're just part of how he's supposed to look. Unfortunately it's been raining cats and dogs so there's not a whole lot of natural light to be had for pictures. I'm going to be piercing Dove's ears later, but probably just her lobes. I'm considering whether or not I want to give her a cartilage piercing, so far both other BBBs that I've got have them in their left ears, and one I've planned is going to have just one ear piercing in the cartilage of his left ear. It's developing into kind of a thing. XD

and one to show his ears without the wig on, and to show the great glass marble I found that he's going to wear as part of his steampunk costume. It's so reflective that I think you can see me in it taking the picture. XD

Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Ariel - BBB Sprite (Blue)
Peaseblossom - BBB Ariel (Lilac)
Bast - Fairyland MNF Woosoo Vamp (WS)
Bernadette - Hujoo Berry (Apricot)
Mustardseed - Realpuki Tyni (NS)
Dove - BBB Pixie (Chocolate)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
Perneth - RS Pixiu (Sky Blue)
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Re: Sprites have such pretty ears... (x-posted from JS)

Postby Janeway » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 pm

you did a good job at piercing your dolls ears.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Oooohh a boy sprite!! Very cool. I can't wait to see more of him.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby EAB » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:16 pm

I would really love to pierce Lan's ears, but I'm so afraid I'll mess up.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Mirrin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Cute! I love Sprite, especially boy Sprites!
I can't wait to see more of him.
At Home: Lettice (RS Rong), Avery (PD Tara), Sebastian (RS Wu), Titiana (RS Li), Patrick (RS Mai), Vivica (DDoll Airi), Brody (DZ Hid), Fyodor (DDoll Hiro), Landon (WD HOE Juwel), Khoshekh (Oleum's Dolls)
Mirrin
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:25 pm

OOOOooo....that reflective eye is so pretty!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks all!

I love boy Sprites, too. He's actually got the default face-up and body, but he looks so male to me that I actually doubletake when I see a female Sprite now. I'm probably going to redo his face over the summer, though. Put a little more personality in his look, maybe do something different with his eyebrows...

EAB, if there's a doll meetup around you, maybe someone there would be willing to pierce for you? Or you could watch them pierce first? I watched closely when Peaseblossom's were done so I wasn't so scared going into this as I would be otherwise. Watching first gave me the confidence to do my own. Just mark the positions of the holes first and go slow. I use a pin vise, just swivel it back and forth on the mark a few times until you've formed a divot to keep the bit in place, then rotate like a little screw driver until you've gotten through the hole. Don't push or try to rush, resin's soft, let the bit do the work. I went back and drilled into the hole again from the back after just to make sure that it was the same size all the way through.

I got lucky with the reflective eye, I have a lot of time downtown after work before my bus and I was wandering through some shops, one had all this beautiful glass stuff and there was a bucket near the door, 6 for a dollar. I got a whole bunch of marbles perfect for 16mm eyes. This is one, and Bast is wearing another pair of blue ones that I managed to wedge into his 14mm eye wells but haven't taken pictures of yet. I should take this one out of Ariel soon though and put the other cat eye back in. I think he's annoyed with me and the green eyes are just his. For a while before I got them I'd actually look at him and it would look like he had slit pupils from some angles. XD So I had to hunt these up. Took me a while though, green cat eyes are apparently rarer than you'd think.
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby kurosu.chan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 pm

I looove those earrings!
...I put reflective marble eyes in a Hujoo once...she looked like an alien... ;)
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OutBriefCandle » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks! The earrings themselves are just jump rings opened up and then bent back closed again into the holes. They make really perfect hoop earrings.

Reflective marbles in a Hujoo would look really cool. *eyes Berry speculatively*
Ryo - DIM Real (NS)
Loki - Hujoo Jake
Monster High Toralei
Monster High Clawd Wolf
OutBriefCandle
Dolly Pardon

Postby EAB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Thanks. I think I'd feel more confident doing it by hand.
Can I get a pin vise at a hardware store, I wonder? I'll check and see.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale