Go to footer

"Doll Love" BJDs

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: "Doll Love" BJDs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Evelien wrote:It is isn't it :D

Now, I really shouldn't be going this far since I don't have the money yet, but...

I can either buy her here in the Netherlands for €199 and I wouldn't have to worry about customs, BUT she'd come with no faceup and I'm too inexperienced to want that:
http://shop.fashiondoll.nl/product_info ... ts_id=8759

I can also buy her from China on eBay, for $240 with shipping, and she'd also get a faceup and a random fur wig for that money! I'd have to deal with customs, but $240 is only about €165.. I'm getting more for my money, so I think I should just go ahead and risk the customs bill... right? Heehee :)
eBay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 97.c0.m619

With my first doll, I bought her without a faceup because I thought I could get it done cheaper somewhere else. Really REALLY bad idea. I almost had my doll stolen. ;_; So definitely do LOTS of research before you buy. And don't be afraid to spend some money on professionals.

other than that, I agree with Greyhaunt, ThinkPink sounds pretty good.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

On that fashion doll think pink page there was a drop down for face up. It's an extra 30 but, I'd pay for it after hating having to do my first face up. I spent as much as it would have cost for the face up on the materials. >.<;
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:40 pm

On DoA, there is a Doll-Love thread and many of them recommend the seller liwenjie0310 I guess this seller even does layaway.
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay

Postby Evelien » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 am

Almy's right, on Think Pink the faceup is an extra €30. Keep in mind euros aren't dollars though, €30 is approximately $44.

You guys are right, I don't want to take any risks. I'm new to this world, I don't know who to trust, so I'll need your advice! There aren't many Doll-Love dealers.

I hadn't found the seller you linked yet Almy, because she listed Anona as Arona..! :P Other than that she's even cheaper than the seller I linked earlier. She also offers the faceup and a wig, and you can actually choose one herself from her store (or his, I don't know).

I'll check out DoA for more info soon. Even though I don't have the money yet, can't hurt to investigate, right..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:58 am

Oh.. DoA is invitation-only. :( Anyone care to throw me a code..?

P.S.: I don't like the official website at all. This is Anona's page:
http://www.doll-love.com/en/productshow.asp?ID=453
But there's no info whatsoever..?

This seller you linked is a bit too generous if you ask me Almy, haha, she also offers the dress Anona's wearing..?! Oh well.. if she's the real thing I guess I can only be happy haha!
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am

The only Doll-Love forum on DoA had pages where they insisted that this seller was the best, so I just passed you info on. PM me your e-mail and I'll toss you a DoA invite.
AlmySidaKay

Postby Evelien » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am

Thanks Almy, earlier this afternoon I got an invite from someone else. :) My account hasn't been approved yet, but I've done some reading and you were right about both sellers. I also contacted Doll Love themselves to find out what I get with the doll exactly if I buy her directly from them, because there's no info on their website whatsoever, it's really bad...
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale