Go to footer

Now I can talk about her....

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Now I can talk about her....

Postby leopardessmoon » Mon May 31, 2010 9:53 pm

I love her spikey fluffy wig so much, the short bob is cute too though!
leopardessmoon

Postby Ms. Geek » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:19 pm

cirquemom wrote:How do you like her body? I have heard that there are issues with the knees buckling and not holding poses. I like the way the body looks but the posing issues concern me. That was on older models, though, and I wondered if they have resolved those issues.
So how about a review?
:)

OK, Namiko has redesigned knees according to Bailey at TnS Torrance. She can stand until the cows come home once I have her balanced. The DDH-04 head is perhaps the heaviest of the standard Dollfie Dream heads, so she's a bit tippy and it takes effort to find her center of gravity.

However, the main problem I have with the MDD body is the fact that it does not have a continuous, locked-together skeleton like DD2 and Obitsus do. One piece fits into the other. This has both drawbacks and advantages.

Drawbacks: arms and legs can go to pieces at the worst moments. A joint will pop out, and then you have to reassemble. However, once you have everything together, it's cool. Also, why the hell did they segment the chest when there is really no way of bending her at the waist? They should have just left the torso in one piece like a Mattel Teen Trends doll. :P

Advantage: Taking the hands off to put clothes on is easy peasy. All you gotta do is pull the wrist joints out of the forearms. They just pop out and pop back in.

To be honest, I really wish I had gone the 50cm Obitsu route. But I love my Namiko-tan. She's great. And she LOOKS lovely. She's the perfect little tween girl.
Ms. Geek

Postby cirquemom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:00 am

Parabox is working an an Obitsu MSD doll, but who knows when that will be done. It is in the works, though.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Ms. Geek » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:29 am

Obitsu already has a 47cm doll...http://www.junkyspot.com/obitsu47.html . OMG I just had the most awesome idea...I am SURE that the Volks head would match well with this body. Looks like something for the future...
Ms. Geek

Postby cirquemom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Yes, they have a 47 cm doll but it is not MSD scale. I have one and had the Angela head on her, but her scale is that of a very large young girl. It doesn't really work with the 60 cms. I "grew her up" and replaced her head with the Sheba head and now she is fine, although she is actually about as tall as the 50 cm girls, just thicker. Parabox is supposed to be coming out with an actual MSD scale doll. But they are notoriously slow in development, so who knows when it will actually get done.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby leopardessmoon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

the one parabox is working on is supposed to be based on the 50cm style structure! that would be so FTW!
leopardessmoon

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale