Go to footer

Birthday gift: my first Ellowyne

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Birthday gift: my first Ellowyne

Postby Evelien » Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 pm

A few months ago I joined DollObservers.com and I met Mark. Through him I got to know Ellowyne Wilde dolls and I wanted one badly, but needless to say I didn't have the funds... and I still don't. But the sweetheart decided that he was getting rid of some of his and he'd rather give them a new home where he knew they'd be badly wanted instead of selling them on eBay... so, a few days before my birthday he sent me a message with pictures of three dolls... all I had to do was choose and he'd send me one. I was - and still am - flabbergasted, for these dolls aren't cheap and he also paid for shipping from the USA all the way to the Netherlands. The Ellowyne of my choice, "Moody Blues", arrived today, and yay, no customs charge (he decorated the package with kitty stickers and wrote 'birthday gift' on it like three times, but you never know :P)...

I love her..!! Here's some photos, I couldn't wait till I had made some clothes for her, which I will do soon :)
So, warning: dollieh nudity below!

P.S.: She still had her original hairdo, but I carefully let down her hair and now I love her even more :D

Before I let her hair down:

After I let her hair down:

European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Birthday gift: my first Ellowyne

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue May 17, 2011 3:59 pm

She looks wonderful - can't wait to see how you dress her up :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby quidam » Tue May 17, 2011 4:09 pm

She's beautiful! Congratulations!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby EAB » Tue May 17, 2011 4:25 pm

What a generous friend Mark is.
She is lovely.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Tue May 17, 2011 4:44 pm

As a member of the Dollieh Sanctuary you are hereby required by the Dollieh Sanctuary BJD Heretics Manifesto to get that girl a sock* to wear till as such time a suitable ensemble can be purchased or manufactured expressly for her use.
* viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1466
Read the fine print.
Chop. Chop.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue May 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Now that is a true friend! She's lovely. And yes, it's sock tiemz until you get something else for her. XD Word to the wise - Ellowyne official clothes - as you prolly already know- are crazy expensive. They can wear some of the same stuff slim mini MSDs can (like teen trends clothes.) If you're looking for a well made less costly fancy dress option check out Happy Daisy Dee Dolls on e-bay. Can't wait to see more pics of your pretty gal!
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue May 17, 2011 4:55 pm

If you sew, I have a few patterns that will fit Ellowyne - and I can point you to a place or two where you can get more :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Dark Angel » Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Ooooh Congrats! She is beautiful! :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed May 18, 2011 6:52 am

Forgot to mention that Mark also sent me some copies of patterns for Ellowyne..! He's a true friend indeed. I'm so very grateful. I wish I knew what I could give him back. I know he's not expecting a gift in return but I really want to make him happy too...

Haha, I know about the sock thread, I posted my J-Doll's sock dress there like two weeks ago :P. It's not used anymore now but I doubt it fits Ellowyne... I'll have to see if I have any spare socks lying around ;)

Thanks for the tips on buying clothing, I have seen LOVELY handmade dresses from Thailand on eBay that don't cost much, but I'd rather make her something myself, even though I stink at sewing :mrgreen:
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Wed May 18, 2011 7:45 am

P.S.: hey, my J-Doll's little black sock dress fits my Ellowyne too..! It's a tight fit, but it'll do for now :)

Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale