Go to footer

Driving MEI crazy!!* With Pics*

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Driving MEI crazy!!* With Pics*

Postby fieraentara » Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Haha...knee slapper... ANYWHO

So I've had my Mei for about a year now and before I took a break from my dolls her name was Thea and she was my quiet fairy. Now after playing with her again I can not for the life of me find her voice. I've tried different clothes, wigs, names, etc but nothing seems to stick.. Dollz.... ugh.

So can you guys post your Mei's so maybe she will find some kind of insperation for herself? I can't keep calling her pointy ears... I don't think she likes it... :?

Thankies from the both of us!!! :mrgreen:

EDIT:

Also here was a short shoot we did today, cross posted from JS

Still trying to figure out her name... though I think we're finding a bit more of herself...

Last edited by fieraentara on Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Driving MEI crazy!!

Postby CloakedSchemer » Mon May 30, 2011 10:13 pm

My Mei isn't here yet, but should be by the weekend! As soon as I get her faceup done and eyes and wig on her I'll edit and post!
Amir~ Loki~ Hansel~ Mikko~ Parker~ Maddox~ Mike~ Kane~ Parker~ Blake~ Zack~ Matt~ Erik~ Axl~ Jayson~ Mige~ Kaid~ Heath~ Ay~ Nakhtmin~ Titus~ Mithra~ Spike~ Indy~ Xerxes~ Ryan~ Billie
CloakedSchemer
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Evelien » Tue May 31, 2011 1:11 am

I found 296 Mei pictures in the RS/BBB Flickr group! Whoa, some really neat examples there. Have fun!!
http://www.flickr.com/search/groups/?w= ... pool&q=mei
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby fieraentara » Tue May 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Awesome thanks guys I guess I'll have lots of pictures to look through!! :D
Home: Maiya, Melody, Gwen, Damien, Lokee, Emma, Seth, Toby, Lily, "Jake", Frankie
fieraentara
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Driving MEI crazy!!* With Pics*

Postby Indigo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:52 am

I think she is lovely and delicate looking.
Perhaps you could call her Willow :)
Live to Play, Play to Live!
Indigo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby richila » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:06 am

061 by richila9098, on Flickr
My Mei, Nefertari, is the aunt/den mother to my other girls. Since Mei means beautiful, I looked for names in meaning and picked it from the list.
http://www.behindthename.com/php/search.php?terms=beautiful&nmd=m&gender=both&operator=or
hope this helps.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Mary Kathryn » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:18 pm

Here's an older pic of my gal, Sophia.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby paladinari » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:41 pm

I love the Mei sculpt. She's so delicate and expressive, and her (awful) stringing makes her wonderful at surprise posing, which often makes for good pictures. In fact, I take a lot of pictures of my Mei, Little Ari. She will probably be the reason for my Mac crashing one day, lol. Anyway, I hope that some of these pics will help you and your girl find her voice again :) (ps, I'm sorry they're so big. If anyone knows how to display these pics smaller, please tell me) (pps, if dollie nudity isn't tolerated on this forum, please tell me and I'll delete the first pic)

At Home: Little Ari (Resinsoul Mei), Gilan (Resinsoul Song), Mina (Jun Planning Ai Cosmos), Yukiko (5StarDoll Tong Tong), Julia (Hujoo Yumi), Lion'a (Hujoo Suve), Ella (Jun Planning Hestia Isora), Mint (Fairland Pukifee PongPong, "unnamed thus far" (Hujoo Nano Freya)
Wish List: Delf Ani, Resinsoul Yun/5StarDoll Angelo (f.), Island Doll Emily, BJD Hamster pet
paladinari
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kittywolf13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 pm

I purchased my Mei right after she was released... she spent a week with me and i decided i didnt like her. so i sold her to a friend in California. there she lived for a year or two.. or however long its been. her body returned to me as another doll's body (a soom beyla hybrid. quite surprisingly.) then my friend decided girls are just not for her and i offered to re-adopt her and she came home just recently. i am so in love with her right now its not even funny. Maybe your Mei needed a vacation too?

Here's Abagail

Untitled by kittywolf13, on Flickr
*Is currently addicted to large Obitsu's*
Want: Gretel, Sleeping Princess oe, Alice, and maybe the 55cm boy with the original head. XD
Kittywolf13
i see dead dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:43 am

So many pretty Mei's, I honestly didn't like her lips when I first saw her because I thought they were too thin, but she's definitely been growing on me! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale