Go to footer

Penny's New Eyes!

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Re: Penny's New Eyes!

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Awesome possum~ Can't wait to see it. ^_^
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby glitterbird » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:08 pm

I've been a painter nearly all my life (my specialties being pastel chalks and watercolors) however, slowly but surely I am learning how to paint three dimensional things. I've done one faceup before on a verrry tiny doll and his face was all discolored from his previous owner so I did the best I could to fix it. He made a great canvas for practice. Hopefully by the time Colored's Mu gets here I wont feel intimidated by a large face. It's all right if I mess up on my own dolls but messing up on your best friend's? Totally different story lol.
Dolls at home:
Peregrine (Perry) | RS Long
Larkspur (Lark) | RS Mei
glitterbird
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 am

Actually, that's how I started off doing face-ups. See, the great thing is, unless you're doing actual modifications, you can wipe your work and start over with no damage to the face, so long as you seal it properly before painting it. (happened to me... I let my friend practice a face-up on Rune while I waited for his new wig, so I could decide on his look, as a repayment for letting me practice on her resin kids... but it still came off with a little Magic Eraser scrubbing!) I've done one friend's AoD Chi twice now, in the span of 6 months. I've done work on all the dolls in our trio, in one way or another. ^_^ Best friends are great for that sort of thing. In return for letting me learn, they get free dollieh work from me whenever they want~ It's really hard to permanently ruin a head just with a face-up... I wiped Vespera's 4 times before I finally got it right, and no harm done except to my fingers from the brush cleaner. XD Stuff dried out my skin something awful.
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby glitterbird » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 am

OkamiKodomo wrote:Actually, that's how I started off doing face-ups. See, the great thing is, unless you're doing actual modifications, you can wipe your work and start over with no damage to the face, so long as you seal it properly before painting it. (happened to me... I let my friend practice a face-up on Rune while I waited for his new wig, so I could decide on his look, as a repayment for letting me practice on her resin kids... but it still came off with a little Magic Eraser scrubbing!) I've done one friend's AoD Chi twice now, in the span of 6 months. I've done work on all the dolls in our trio, in one way or another. ^_^ Best friends are great for that sort of thing. In return for letting me learn, they get free dollieh work from me whenever they want~ It's really hard to permanently ruin a head just with a face-up... I wiped Vespera's 4 times before I finally got it right, and no harm done except to my fingers from the brush cleaner. XD Stuff dried out my skin something awful.

THAT could be why my fingers have been all peely lately. I couldn't think of what I did that would have caused my fingers to dry out so much but I forgot that I had had my fingers in brush cleaner, hahah! :lol:
Dolls at home:
Peregrine (Perry) | RS Long
Larkspur (Lark) | RS Mei
glitterbird
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby coloredimage » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 am

okay that explains one of us...but not me lol.

But don't worry about messing up on to-be!Ridley's face once he gets here :) You did fine on the Sunny and I have faith in you lol
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:57 pm

coloredimage wrote:okay that explains one of us...but not me lol.

But don't worry about messing up on to-be!Ridley's face once he gets here :) You did fine on the Sunny and I have faith in you lol

This is a best friend ^ XD

But yes, that Winsor & Newton brush cleaner stuff made my skin dry up, and the cuticles crack >.< Nothing a bit of moisturizer didn't fix~
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale