Go to footer

Lark (RS MEI) Comes Home! (Box opening nudity!)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Lark (RS MEI) Comes Home! (Box opening nudity!)

Postby glitterbird » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:02 pm

My WS Mei finally arrived and I am very pleased to have her. In fact, I was so excited (and surprised by how small her box was since my first doll ever was a 70cm who arrived in a box nearly bigger than myself) that I ripped open her box so quickly I forgot to go get my camera and take some pictures to document it! However, with my phone handy, I managed to grab some sub-par photographs to share her arrival with you all! I promise to take some better pictures when she meets Perry, my boy.

Hello little Lark! I hope you had a safe trip!

She looks pretty peaceful here however when I first opened her, she was all sorts of twisted and her headcap was no where near her head. :lol:

First thing was first, take out her default yellow eyes and replace them with the pretty grey ones I purchased for her. After I struggled to pull out all of RS's horrible goopy eye putty, I thought it would be a good time to give her some eyelashes (since with the hot weather and the rain coming I'm not sure when I'll get around to giving her a faceup).
Much better! :D

Since I had her head open, I figured I should tighten her strings right up (knowing BBB/RS I knew they'd be loose but sheesh hers were LOOSE). Using my teeth and knees and all my fingers, I got her pretty tight. So tight in fact that All I did was plop her on the tray and she stood like a perfect little angel. Didn't even need to do any adjusting! I was pleased. Put on her wig cap and wig and stood her up again without any hassles. I'm proud of her standing ability!

After several embarrassing naked photos I figured it was time to dress her. She was pleased with the outfit I chose for her. No shoes yet. They're on the way :)

Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest as they were taken with my phone but I promise when she meets Perry soon, I will take out my camera and get some better shots :D
Dolls at home:
Peregrine (Perry) | RS Long
Larkspur (Lark) | RS Mei
glitterbird
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Lark (RS MEI) Comes Home! (Box opening nudity!)

Postby landwhale » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Very cute. I like how her blue hair works with her outfit!
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby coloredimage » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:11 pm

Yay Lark :) I'm glad she looks so cute in that little dress!

Hopefully her sister will get here early enough tomorrow that she can come over and get her tiny horn and visit before I have to go out haha. she looks like such a sweetheart, can't wait to meet her!
coloredimage
the walls have dolliehs

Postby britbrat18 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Congrats she is beautiful!!! I love her blue wig. :D I have a Mei myself, they are lovely little dolls. Can't wait to see her meeting Perry, she's going to look so tiny next to him! :)
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Congratulations on getting your Mei! I am partial to them myself, but she is my "big" girl. lol
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Lexagon » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Congratulations! Hopefully in a month or so I'll have my own Mei to squee over!

I love her eyes they're so pretty, what kind are they?
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby 1/6andtinylover » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 pm

The wigs, outfit and eyes work well together!

(you have now officially earned the rank of an enabler. *runs off to edit wishlist*)
The ever growing wishlist: Hujoo Dana, Obitsu 40, and an army of other Obitsus with anime style heads.
The more expensive end of my wishtlist: Limhwa Half Elf and Elfdoll Soah, my dream dolls.
Dolls @ home: Elodie Tarte (YuHao Tart)
1/6andtinylover
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:43 pm

Yay your new Mei is so cute! <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby glitterbird » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks so much everyone! Mei's are lovely and I'm really glad I decided to get one. They are definitely squee-worthy!

1/6andtinylover wrote:The wigs, outfit and eyes work well together!

(you have now officially earned the rank of an enabler. *runs off to edit wishlist*)

Hahah yayyyy! :D I am proud to enable!

@Lexagon: The eyes are just grey Dollmore acrylic eyes. Nothing too fancy or pricey I just wanted her to have a bit of contrast with all the blue so I went with grey. They are even more beautiful in person that they were online!
Dolls at home:
Peregrine (Perry) | RS Long
Larkspur (Lark) | RS Mei
glitterbird
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby AppleMintPie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Yay! Another Mei. Hasn´t she just got the cutest nose? x3 What does go greatly with her hair are her lips :o It´s a great collor combination! Have fun with her!
¿ Habla Español?
AppleMintPie
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale