Go to footer

Hujoo Cora- New Pictures (x-posted at JS)

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Hujoo Cora- New Pictures (x-posted at JS)

Postby cirquemom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:37 pm

New pictures of Hujoo Cora! Finally grabbed some this morning. She's a real sweetie and can do crazy posing. She's a bit floppy, but I yanked up her elastic and will restring her at some point (in my spare time, ha ha....).
She has an interesting stringing system- little gears in the joints that the strings run through. This allows you to lock the joint into place so it doesn't kick.

Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Re: Hujoo Cora- New Pictures (x-posted at JS)

Postby cirquemom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Lexagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 pm

She's so cute! She looks a like a great poser as well.

Where'd you get her wig from? Its such a pretty color
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby cirquemom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I wish I could remember!!!! It's actually a mix of three colors (or maybe more): blue, lilac, and white. I got it from some seller on ebay and I wish I had saved the seller because if I remember they had a lot of these mixed color wigs. I like them better than wigs that are all one color.
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Lexagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:24 pm

Ahhh I'll have to check, I'm getting a new girl this week and I'm trying to find her a nice purpley-blue wig, but I've found none :|
Lexagon

Postby kurosu.chan » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:37 pm

Awww, Cora!! I want one so bad...but I was scared by the new technology! XD I'm glad you got one, now I don't have to be afraid!
kurosu.chan
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 pm

I love her face, but I'm not so in love with her body. She seems too long almost disproportional. But I love her face. I have been wondering if maybe I could get just her head... /ponders I totally adore that wig too by the way. Thanks for all the great photos to show off Cora more!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Lexagon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:57 pm

I can see the longness of her limbs, you're right. Perhaps because of the way she's engineered she had to have longer than standard limbs?

If anything its kinda endearing that she's lanky hehe
Lexagon

Postby cirquemom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 pm

I think it may just be camera angles. I always shoot a bit low to avoid the bobble-headed thing. I'm planning on doing a comp shot of her with a buncha other MSDs, so I'll post that here when I get it done. But I don't notice just looking at her that she looks long (not like the Rosette School of Dolls girls).
The face sculpt is really nice- very charming little face! I don't know if they will sell the head as an optional part. My understanding is that there are only 32 pieces of this girl made- I guess it depends on how sales go. If you are interested you might try emailing them and asking about the head.
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby AlmySidaKay » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Yay comparison shots, can't wait to see that. Maybe that will quell my lanky feelings about her. You make her face look so cute. <3
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale