Go to footer

Gerschy at the park

MSD, Tonners, or 40cm + (18" range)

Gerschy at the park

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:27 am

That goose was very interested in her. Thought she was going to give her some bread or corn, I suspect.

And here she is, actually offering a kernel of corn. I was far away enough I was wondering if a sparrow would come by to investigate.
My what big EYES you have!
absynthe1972
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Gerschy at the park

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:50 pm

she's a cutie!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks Dark Angel. She's not quite so innocent looking anymore. She's got a black wig, no bangs and it's super long. lol! She's very moody. Will post when I have new face done.
absynthe1972

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:24 pm

How do you pronounce her name?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby absynthe1972 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 am

Dark Angel wrote:How do you pronounce her name?

Hmmmm..... Gur-shie.

The long form of the name is Geertruide, 'gear-true-ee-da'. (Think Mata Hari's real name.)

And since I'm not familiar with Dutch (German, yes), I'm not too sure if I'm getting all the nuances of the name pronounced.
absynthe1972

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:06 am

yeah, ariels can be quite moody when they want something! she is quite lovely and I cant wait to see what you do with her new faceup!
leopardessmoon

Postby absynthe1972 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Posting a new photostory of Gerschy with her new face up and the dress that will cause me nightmares for years to come. Taffeta is easy to sew with...organza? *sigh* That's SO not happening from here on out. NEVER again.
absynthe1972

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:54 am

absynthe1972 wrote:Posting a new photostory of Gerschy with her new face up and the dress that will cause me nightmares for years to come. Taffeta is easy to sew with...organza? *sigh* That's SO not happening from here on out. NEVER again.

ahhh, yes the silky ones...if it a fabric that is washable, then I have a tip for you. starch the everlivin' snot out of it (well ok, not quite that much) then iron (on low with a sheet in between) it stiff. rub some candlewax on your needle. clean your needle often cause it will gum a bit. sew and iron (on low and with a sheet in between) all the seams as you go. to get the seams to lay flat around corners dampen them a little then iron. after you are finished then just wash the starch out. I had to make 5 bridesmade dresses once...I was in tears after the first one. but the starch saved me much grief on the other 4

it is important to starch BEFORE cutting out the pieces, this will keep them nice and straight cause the fabric wont shift around.

hope this will be helpfull!
leopardessmoon

Postby absynthe1972 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm

leopardessmoon wrote:
absynthe1972 wrote:Posting a new photostory of Gerschy with her new face up and the dress that will cause me nightmares for years to come. Taffeta is easy to sew with...organza? *sigh* That's SO not happening from here on out. NEVER again.

ahhh, yes the silky ones...if it a fabric that is washable, then I have a tip for you. starch the everlivin' snot out of it (well ok, not quite that much) then iron (on low with a sheet in between) it stiff. rub some candlewax on your needle. clean your needle often cause it will gum a bit. sew and iron (on low and with a sheet in between) all the seams as you go. to get the seams to lay flat around corners dampen them a little then iron. after you are finished then just wash the starch out. I had to make 5 bridesmade dresses once...I was in tears after the first one. but the starch saved me much grief on the other 4

it is important to starch BEFORE cutting out the pieces, this will keep them nice and straight cause the fabric wont shift around.

hope this will be helpfull!

You ma'am, are absolutely friggin' BRILLIANT! *BIG HUGS* Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You've saved me MUCH trouble as I have yet another yard of the stuff left! lol!
absynthe1972

Postby delbelcoure » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:14 am

I love her style - gingham, lace and aprons. It will be interesting to see the taffeta and organza side of her personality.
Susan
http://www.flickr.com/photos/delbelcoure
Does this, will this, enhance my life or the lives of others?
-Don Aslett
Ack! I'm being overrun by Monster High dolls and frankendollies!
delbelcoure
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/4 Scale