Go to footer

King Consort Hans Westergaard 69cm BJD Doll (Frozen)

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

King Consort Hans Westergaard 69cm BJD Doll (Frozen)

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am

I’m so so excited and happy with how my custom OOAK King Consort Hans 69cm BJD Doll came out!

Isn’t he gorgeous!?! I’m so in love with him!!! :)

In February 2017, I had an old spare head just kicking around and wondered to myself if I could somehow turn it into my beloved Hans. I was a little apprehensive if I could actually sculpt a head and do him justice (he's so gorgeous), so I said to myself ‘If it comes out badly, you can just toss it and never mind.’ So I went for it! I wanted him to be as beautiful as the 12″ disney Store doll head sculpt and so I used one for reference while I sculpted, as well as various pictures of Hans to look at while I worked. First day, I came up with something I liked but I wasn’t 100% satisfied, and next day, I saw, with fresh eyes, that his nose and chin weren’t *quite* right yet. So I sanded and carved and resculpted and then I started getting thrilled he would actually come out well! Once I saw he was a ‘go’ and to my satisfaction, I went ahead and bought a body for him---a 69cm super gorgeous poseable ‘Venitu’ body and a Monique gold collection synthetic mohair (softest hair fibers ever!) ‘Double Red’ wig. I wanted hiim to be just right!

The next few days I spent painting, sealing, blushing his features. I had purchased him green eyes but the pupils were too small because they were human realistic eyes. I discovered that there are ‘DIY’ eyes where you can make/paint or print your own irises so I bought 3 prs of ‘blank’ eyes. They arrived 2 weeks later and I found a high resolution picture of Hans CGI (Movie art or actual footage) that I printed the irises from. So now, even his eyes are exactly and truly Hans!

The body didn’t arrive until mid March and while it was perfect in shape and form for Hans, the head didn’t fit! Argh! So my sister and I spent a few hours sawing off 1/4″ all the way around the circumference of the neck with a jigsaw and then smoothed it with hobby knives and several grit grades of sandpaper and polishing cloths. Now, the head fit perfectly and he was looking stunning!!! I blushed his body a bit and added freckles all over his shoulders, clavicle and back. (I love his freckles! :swoon:)

Then, that night, I made his Arendelle naval/King Consort uniform. I didn’t yet have his boots (ordered them Miro that was backordered and currently a bit slow to fulfill orders) so there he was, in uniform but with bare feet. :) :laughs: Pretty feet, but so barefoot!!! :lol:

Next day, I added all the purple gemstones to his jacket, final details and made him a resin crown. I was so impatient to have his boots so I could take a photoshoot of him!

While I was awaiting the boots, I kept thinking what else he might need and I bought him a longsword, made a sheath for it, and he loved having it! :)

At the end of March, his boots arrived!!! YAY!!!!!! Now he was complete!!!

But I then realized I wanted his sideburns to look a bit more realistic, (at that point, they looked good, but they were just painted on the sculpted sideburns I made) so I ordered some flocking to make them absolutely ‘real.’

I ordered it Apr 3, but the flocking got lost in the mail (it ended up in Puerto Rico for a while!) and I had to wait until the USPS redirected it to where my packet should be! It finally arrived yesterday, April 17 and I immediately flocked his sideburns! They were so gorgeous, real looking and soft to the touch now!!! :cries of joy:

I was so happy---to my eyes--he came out so much better than I ever could have hoped for! I just love him so much!!

We then went out and too some photos of the dashing prince, now King Consort to Queen Elsa. ^.~

I’m so so so excited to find out what you all think of him, too!!! He’s so beautiful to me! What is your opinion of him?

Work In progress pics:
Last edited by SetsunaKou on Wed May 17, 2017 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: King Consort Hans 69cm BJD Doll (Frozen)

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 am

Brilliant! You are absolutely spot on. And you are so right about the freckles, they are adorable.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:39 am

He looks fantastic! Well done, as always. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:47 pm

WOW!

So when are you doing a BJD version of Elsa and Anna?

Also, I think you got a little overexcited and posted the same pictures several times. It made for an awfully long scroll.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:13 am

Fabulous!!

Since his hands are usually gloved, perhaps you could consider jointed hands so he could hold things (like the sword) more realistically?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 am

Wow! He looks incredible. Nice job, like the way you did his smirky face, really stands out.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby TasiaChiba » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Breaking my lurker status to say, he's so incredibly GORGEOUS!!!! *_* Everything about him is perfect and spot on! That face, those clothes, those freckles, the detail... that face! Perfection~

And I just have to say, it shouldn't be that thrilling to see a photo of him wearing only a pair of white breeches and gloves! That he's still wearing those gloves... oh, my~ *_*
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Zirconmermaid-sama, Dark Angel-san, VV-sama, KirahFaye-san, Iwa Hoshi-san, TasiaChiba-san-------Oh, wow!!!! THANK YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH!!!! I'm so glad you like him as much as I do!!! (Well, I don't know if that is possible, actually ;) )
I really appreciate all your kind words and taking time to comment--it means so much to me! Thank you!

Zirc-sama, thank you! I love his freckles so much!!! :) Thanks for loving him!

Dark Angel-san, :hugs: You're always so wonderful and kind to comment! I'm so honored you like him so much! Thank you!!!!! (By the way, did he meet your expectations in seeing what we'd done with him? I remember you were wondering how he'd come out. I hope he's as good as you'd expected. :)

VV-sama, awww, thank you so much! I actually bought bodies for Elsa and Anna, and heads, too, but.....I'm not sure if I'll go ahead with making them. It seems when I make the female counterpart for the guy, I then tend to sit them on a shelf collecting dust, feeling they are 'complete'. But when the guy is alone, I find I sit him around anywhere, take him with me and just pay more attention to him. So for now, I think I'll let my Disney boys on their own. If they put up a huge fuss for their ladies, I will probably concede, but as for now.... :)
I checked and all the pics are different, but probably just very very similar. :oops: Sorry about that! As you said, you were correct in that I was so overexcited, I kept snapping pics and couldn't leave out any! I liked most all of them!! :laughs: :lol:

KirahFaye-san, I did consider jointed hands, but his Venitu hands are so expressively lovely, I decided against it. :) I may in future, but right now, I'm loving his default hands too much to take them from him!! :lol:

Iwa Hoshi-san! I agree! I couldn't NOT give him a smirk! And a quirky brow! It's so 'him'! Thanks for noticing it!! :hugs:

And, Tasia-san, your post made my night! :D Thank you for your enthusiasm and praise of him---honestly, I'm so awed by your comments and I also couldn't help but smile, especially the sentence at the end. I agree.....(that's why I had to snap some photos of him thusly clothed..... :oops: ) Thanks for liking him so much to come out of lurker mode to comment on him!! THANK YOU!!! :hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:09 pm

He definitely met my expectations and then some! I adore his freckles. I like that they are on his body and not just his face. I think that adds a level or realism that a lot of freckled dolls don't have.

And as a side note, his pants look super comfortable! Lol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Re: King Consort Hans Westergaard 69cm BJD Doll (Frozen)

Postby Eseme » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:35 pm

WOW! He really looks just right. I am so impressed with your skill.

I am also impressed that he can hold the sword and balance so well, very dynamic poses. I do enjoy seeing dolls look like they are having fun.

Eseme
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale