Go to footer

Ye Luo Li (Night Loli), Chinese Vinyl 60cm Dolls

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Ye Luo Li (Night Loli), Chinese Vinyl 60cm Dolls

Postby Pandor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

I saw a post about these dolls on tumblr awhile ago: http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/8512148 ... -if-anyone

Here's the Ye Luo Li Taobao page: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... u2a4rj0814

I just double checked that person's blog again tonight to see if their doll had arrived yet, and sure enough they have a review up here: http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/8799618 ... -this-60cm
And a photo of one of the extra dresses they got: http://idollism.tumblr.com/post/8799630 ... nal-outfit

For $55, looks pretty interesting. I don't know anything about Taobao proxies, or I'd be tempted to get one... (Psst, anyone know any good Taobao proxy services? Or want to do a group order...? >_> <_< )

Anyways I just thought people here might find these dolls interesting too.
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Ye Luo Li (Night Loli), Chinese Vinyl 60cm Dolls

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:14 am

I have seen these on Taobao, and they did look very interesting. I would like to see one too!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby babytarragon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:49 pm

The reviews on Taobao are really good. Just a few people said they had to clean the doll when it arrived but doesn't sound like it was stained.

I think she would be a really nice choice for a 'starter BJD'. No chipping or yellowing!
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm not crazy about the term "starter bjd," it kinda comes off as being judgmental of someone's doll preferences... but yeah, they seem like they would make for good first 1/3 scale dolls, to introduce someone to the scale. But not so great of a first doll due to the learning curve of how to buy one. (Still researching Taobao agents/proxy services-- I swear, buying from y!japan auctions was easier to figure out. :| Or maybe I'm just dense.)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby babytarragon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:53 am

Can you explain how the term 'starter BJD' is judgemental? Just curious so that I can avoid offending anyone in future becasue I'm perplexed by why that's a bad thing to say.
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Has anyone already worked with taobaonow.com? Their 10% seem fair, but so far I do not see how to find that doll via their system etc ^^" (still new to this)
I would love to hear your experiences if you plan on ordering a doll like that!
For 55 USD, I would order one at once, I think ^^" However, my trusty AliExpress offers similars for about 130 USD ;_;
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby babytarragon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm

They also have 1/6th dolls at a mere $23 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z ... 7027041947

I'm tempted to get one of the little anime faced ones just to check her out :)
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:41 pm

babytarragon wrote:Can you explain how the term 'starter BJD' is judgemental? Just curious so that I can avoid offending anyone in future becasue I'm perplexed by why that's a bad thing to say.

I've just seen the term used in a mostly negative light before, to imply that inexpensive "starter" dolls aren't worth keeping once someone gets into more expensive dolls. Which is pretty silly, but meh there are elitists in every hobby.

Samseramsamsam wrote:Has anyone already worked with taobaonow.com? Their 10% seem fair, but so far I do not see how to find that doll via their system etc ^^" (still new to this)

Wish I could help, maybe someone else on the forum knows something about buying from Taobao with an agent service?
But if I ever do figure it all out, I'll share what I learn. ^-^

babytarragon wrote:They also have 1/6th dolls at a mere $23 http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z ... 7027041947

I'm tempted to get one of the little anime faced ones just to check her out :)

Yeah I saw those too, they're pretty cute. :)
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby oniakki » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:47 pm

These are cute. I'm a fan of this purple dress, and this red dress (though those red shoes in the purple dress box don't look to match anything else in the box >.> I do like the style of shoe though.)

babytarragon wrote:Can you explain how the term 'starter BJD' is judgemental? Just curious so that I can avoid offending anyone in future becasue I'm perplexed by why that's a bad thing to say.

(Looks like Pandor beat me to it, leaving my response in anyway as a third party's view might also be informative)

I think it has to do with the implication that if you're buying one of these then you're new to the doll hobby and don't know any better, basically saying that the doll isn't something anyone with experience would ever buy. It's possible it's being viewed as an extension of the 'expensive vs cheap dolls' minefield where some collectors judge you based on how expensive your doll is.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Pandor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:11 pm

oniakki wrote:(Looks like Pandor beat me to it, leaving my response in anyway as a third party's view might also be informative)

I think it has to do with the implication that if you're buying one of these then you're new to the doll hobby and don't know any better, basically saying that the doll isn't something anyone with experience would ever buy. It's possible it's being viewed as an extension of the 'expensive vs cheap dolls' minefield where some collectors judge you based on how expensive your doll is.

Yeah, this is a good point, too.

oniakki wrote:These are cute. I'm a fan of this purple dress, and this red dress (though those red shoes in the purple dress box don't look to match anything else in the box >.> I do like the style of shoe though.)

The shoes packaged with the dolls are really random, but they look like pretty good shoes. I also wonder if the dolls come dressed with a second pair of shoes or not...
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale