Go to footer

Ye Luo Li (Night Loli), Chinese Vinyl 60cm Dolls

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Ye Luo Li (Night Loli), Chinese Vinyl 60cm Dolls

Postby babytarragon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I don't notice this elitism thing as much as others do.

The way I see it, with any collecting hobby people are likely to buy something smaller and cheaper first, just out of sensibility, but it doesn't mean that smaller and cheaper items are not also enjoyed by people have have large collections already.

Me for example, I've been collecting BJDs for 11 years, I own all sorts of BJDs (Lati, Volks, artist dolls, but I didn't think anything strange about buying this $20 YeLuoLi doll just now to add to my collection ^^

I've ordered my 1/6th, will share her review here when she arrives.
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:28 pm

I guess what it comes down to is everyone has different experiences in this hobby, and it's pretty difficult to sense intent on the internet unless it's spelled out--and some will spell out their intent one way, and others, another.

I'm looking forward to your review of the 1/6th scale doll! ^-^ Would you happen to have any tips for those of us who are new to ordering from Taobao?
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby oniakki » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Pandor wrote:The shoes packaged with the dolls are really random, but they look like pretty good shoes. I also wonder if the dolls come dressed with a second pair of shoes or not...

I'm going to guess, from the review linked in the OP, that they don't come with shoes already on their feetsies.

idollism.tumblr.com wrote:Clothes:
Her clothes are well detailed but the material is pretty thin and cheap. The shoes are pretty well made as well. Pretty much like what we get from the usual bjd shops in taobao.
The shop I ordered her from offered an additional outfit+wig+shoes so I got 3 outfits two wigs and two pairs of shoes with the doll.

If they did, I would expect the shoe and dress counts to match. Rather then having more dresses then shoes.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:30 pm

This looks like an interesting item for any collection. I'm curious to see how the Taobao shopping works out. I certainly like the price tag!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Samseramsamsam » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:56 am

Can I just be amazed by your all's language proficiency, or do you use any translating software for ordering there...? ;)
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 am

babytarragon, I'm looking forward to your review also!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Trethowan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 am

Samseramsamsam wrote:Can I just be amazed by your all's language proficiency, or do you use any translating software for ordering there...? ;)

Firefox translated it for me, I don't know about everyone else! hehehe
Trethowan

Postby babytarragon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Haha my Chinese isn't that good, I can memorize a few characters but mostly I use Chrome to translate. But then I have to learnt the things it gets wrong :p

I'm a Taobao-addict and I use Yoybuy, but I think all the big shopping service sites are quite similar. I pay 8% commission, which I think is pretty good.

I get asked about Taobao a lot so I made a blog post introducing it: http://lattebunny.blogspot.co.uk/2014/0 ... aobao.html

My main advice would be to be cautious of anything that costs more than a few dollars, until you get a feel for it. A lot of listings use fake/stolen photos, are only for a deposit, or the weirdest one I've seen is someone asking hundreds of dollars for you to pay them to go and try and find a super rare doll for you.

Edited to add: oh yeah, and if you see a cheap Blythe or Volks or Fairyland, best to presume it's fake. And regardless of your moral stance, you've got no guarantee of quality at all.
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Pandor » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Thank you, babytarragon! That really, really helps! :D
I think I'm definitely going to get one of the big Ye Luo Li dolls after a few more things in my Swap Meet posts sell... *schemes and budgets*
Pandor
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:36 pm

So would a fake Volks be a Faulks? (badum-ching)
Trethowan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale