Go to footer

50 CM Obitsu

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

50 CM Obitsu

Postby LauraJ » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:07 am

Does she fall into the category of 1/3 scale or 1/4 scale. I only ask because my 52 cm SoulDoll Vito Lester is considered 1/4, so pardon my confusion.

At any rate, I broke down and spent my latest royalty check on a 50 cm Obitsu girl from Junky Spot. Why? I don't have one. ;-)

Excuses, excuses.

She should arrive some time next week, and if I can get the hang of inserting pictures here, I will show her off.

At any rate, I would love to see pictures of other folks 50 cm Obitsu girls and hear what you have to say about them.

Thanks.
Keep the Torches Burning...It makes the scarecrow REAL nervous.
LauraJ
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Re: 50 CM Obitsu

Postby oniakki » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:36 pm

Well, my logic is a 50cm tall 1/4th scale person would be 200cm tall (6 foot 7 inches or so), while at 1/3rd scale would be 150cm (4 foot 11 inches). So my girls are 1/3rd scale as they're supposed to be shorter rather then taller then the 'average adult female' for the area they 'live' in. But as most dolls are far thinner then they're 'real life' counterparts, it's all kind of arbitrary anyway. ^.^

(your 52cm souldoll at 1/4th scale is about 6 foot 10 inches tall using that method which might be a bit tall for a guy but not too horribly. Or if you decided to mark him as 1/3rd scale he'd be about 5 foot 1 inches tall)

In relation to pictures of them...
Here's Elyse showing off her newest top, based vaguely on a cut down yukata
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Samseramsamsam » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:23 am

Welcome to the dark side :mrgreen:
Personally, I love the Obitsu girls, but then again, I have yet to acquire a resin cousin for them. However, working with the Obitsus is much easier, no strings, you can pop the heads and limbs off (some easier than others). My only point of criticism is the "new neck piece", which for me is insanely hard to install. However, K2 has a really good tutorial for that! (It is just my hands not really cooperating ;) however, the head will still stay on if you install the new neck piece "wrongly", it is just not as nice as with a properly installed neck piece and can stretch out the head opening).

I just love the poseability of these dolls!

I opted for the 48 instead of the 50 cm girl, but the difference is just in the length of the thigh ;) They pose really well. I will have to take new pictures soon with new clothes and a new head, but for now, please excuse the "nightdress"

ImageObitsu Kanna by pinkeeminenz, on Flickr

While I love these eyes on her, the do not really fit properly, as they are one size too large. 18mm fit like a dream into the eye pockets (these are 20mm, I think).

The 40 cm girls are more of the 1/4 bunch, but the 50s are somewhere in between and can be insanely hard to shop clothes for ;) Slim as some MSD, but nearly SD (1/3) tall...
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby K2! » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:47 am

LauraJ wrote:Does she fall into the category of 1/3 scale or 1/4 scale.

I'm in the 1/3 scale camp on that issue.

She should arrive some time next week, and if I can get the hang of inserting pictures here, I will show her off.

Please do!

I would love to...hear what you have to say about them.

A couple of tips.
1) As Sam stated the new neck piece, which attaches the head to the internal skeleton work very well but can be difficult to work with. I still have "arguments" with them. If you are going to use the stock head that comes with the body, DO NOT REMOVE THE HEAD FROM THE NECK PIECE.
If you feel you must remove the head from the body for some reason (face-up, dressing, etc.) reach over the head from the rear, with your thumb and index finger squeeze the head just above the neck and pull up. This will release the head and neck piece from the body and keep them together. It is much easier to reinsert the neck piece into the body than reinstall the neck piece into the head.
The new neck piece tutorial is here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=66
2) In case you were unaware, the larger Obtisus (40cm to 150cm) have an internal skeleton. The skeleton contains the joints and structure that support the softer exterior vinyl parts. When you first get your Obitsu you will no doubt want to explore the limits of posing possible with this amazing body. When you start out MOVE THE JOINTS ONE AT A TIME, SLOWLY. Unlike a strung resin doll, the Obitsu body's joints won't go every way at once like an elastic string can. The Obitsu will be able to do anything your resins can do pose-wise, but the joints should be worked carefully till you get acquainted with how they operate. It is best to pose the body one joint at a time. Raise the arm at the shoulder, bent the elbow, then rotate the wrist, rather than just pull on the hand to get the arm to where you want it to go.

At any rate, I would love to see pictures of other folks 50 cm Obitsu girls

As far as pictures of 50cms go, I have only two words with a thousand pictures: MADh Vinyl.
At this point most of the 30+ characters in the MADh Vinyl story are on various Obitsu 48cm and 50cm bodies (with a couple of 40cms thrown in for good measure).

first row (r-l): 50, 50, 48, 50, 40, 40
second row: 60, 48, 48, 50, 50, 48, 50, 50, 40, 50
third row: 48, 55, 48, 50, 50, 50, 40, 50, 55, 48, 50
fourth row: 50, 50, 60, 65, 65, DD2, 65, 50, 50
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:20 am

The Obi50 is taller than your average MSD but won't tower over your Lester that's for sure. I'm surprise that my Vito Rail looks that much taller for his 52cm.
My Obi50 has a Parabox Megu head but I doubt there be much difference with the default Obi50 height wise.

I consider them both to be short 1/3 since I buy them 1/3 clothes (She's L-bust, closer to SD10 but wears 7-8 wig). Clothing wise, Azone(with their cute girls in Obi48 bodies) supplies them if not Parabox You might want to take down the OBi50 measurements. I catch myself eyeing Iplehouse male JID and Luts Model male clothing line.
Image.

Oddly enough my V.R's head looks smaller/slimmer than my Megu head from the front but he looks bigger from the side. I don't know how it goes with Lester but it should be about the same.

Then again my small duo doubles as tall 1/4 kids (They insist on the term pre-growth spurt mid teens) when with my oversize 1/3.(62cm with 68cm and broad shoulders)

On the topic of Obitsu joints. Megu-Chun has a few falls over the span of 4 years, she is mostly okay except for the crack/breaks in the shoulder and hip/crotch sockets. and weak knees by now. I changed out her shoulder sockets but her hip sockets are taped and clear nail polish until I can get replacements. Otherwise she's a pretty fun doll if not occasionally bratty
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby LauraJ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:42 pm

oniakki wrote:Well, my logic is a 50cm tall 1/4th scale person would be 200cm tall (6 foot 7 inches or so), while at 1/3rd scale would be 150cm (4 foot 11 inches). So my girls are 1/3rd scale as they're supposed to be shorter rather then taller then the 'average adult female' for the area they 'live' in. But as most dolls are far thinner then they're 'real life' counterparts, it's all kind of arbitrary anyway. ^.^

(your 52cm souldoll at 1/4th scale is about 6 foot 10 inches tall using that method which might be a bit tall for a guy but not too horribly. Or if you decided to mark him as 1/3rd scale he'd be about 5 foot 1 inches tall)

In relation to pictures of them...
Here's Elyse showing off her newest top, based vaguely on a cut down yukata

Actually, if the SoulDoll is 6'10 in reality, that is COOL, because his character is really tall. His wife is a 1/4 scale Bobobie Espree and his adopted son is undersized, so it works perfectly when I am looking at them. :-)
LauraJ

Postby LauraJ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:51 pm

K2, thanks. I actually have 11 to 27 cm Obitsu, and while the really small ones are basically Lego Dolls (they pop apart and together), the soft busted larger girls have the partial skeleton. So I do plan to be very careful.

I probably will be changing her head since I bought a Ryu head that I was going to keep as a boy at first, and then when the opportunity came to get the 50 cm girl, I decided the Ryu head might look better.

As for posing, I am looking at her more as a doll who will get dressed in a costume once her personality emerges and be displayed. I have dolls I play with a lot, and dolls I have solely because I like the way they look. My j-dolls, for instance.

The only other 1/3 scale doll I have is a Sweet Doll Aaron I just got, and since I have not costumed him up yet (he is Rhystar of Far Reach), I am holding off dealing with him too.

But this girl fascinated me. The body fascinated me. A friend let me play with her 45/47 cm boy recently, and it made me decide I really needed a larger Obitsu in my collection.
LauraJ

Postby LauraJ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:52 pm

By the way, all the dolls you have shown me look Super Cool. Thanks for sharing.
LauraJ

Postby LauraJ » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:30 am

My Girl is Out for Delivery TODAY!!!! Expected time between 4:30 and 7:00 pm according to the note I just got. Hopefully Mom will be awake and hear the knocking of the UPS man. I told her I was getting a package.

"Another doll?" she asked.

"Yep," I said.

"Where are you going to put it?"

"My problem," I assured her.

I am moving upstairs into my late stepfather's room in another month (as soon as I finish getting his stuff packed away and the scent of him out of the room--that man could stink, but then, he was a contract plumber), and there will be PLENTY of room for dolls if I keep my old room a craft and supply room...

:-)
LauraJ

Postby LauraJ » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:52 pm

And she is here...

Really not sure how to upload an image from a phone...
LauraJ

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale