Go to footer

Drowning in Floating Heads

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Drowning in Floating Heads

Postby Alchemist's Fire » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:26 am

Soooo, I bought a Dollshe Saint head and a Ringdoll Frankenstein 2013 head in December, aaaaand just put a layaway down on an IoS Infernale head xDDDD

Going to be drowning in heads! And attempting 3 hybrids ><; Goodness griefies what am I getting myself into!

DollShe Saint is Fresh skin, and I'm hoping to find a 60-65cm body for him
Ringdoll Frank is grey/dark grey, trying to keep him around 65-70cm, and resin matching is gonna be interesting there
Infernale is white skin...he'll probably be easiest to match, but I'm trying to keep him 65-72cm if I can (realistically more like 68-72cm)
doll+chain Clothing, jewellery & accessories for BJD
Find us on:Etsy, Storenvy, Facebook, Twitter, Google+
Alchemist's Fire
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Drowning in Floating Heads

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:39 pm

There are several companies that will match resin such as Mirodoll. Floating heads do tend to happen!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby cirquemom » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:15 am

I've got a floating head and three whole dolls who need face-ups. And nothing but rain, rain, rain. So I can't do them until we get a dry spell. Very frustrating!
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Carrillo » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:07 am

XD

Same here. So many heads. I'm kinda constrained by work and the British weather since I am NOT spraying MSC indoors. I love buying dolls to mod, so my room's full of body parts...
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:29 am

I think we need a list of doll companies that do resin matching. And a list of what company resins match others. It's one thing to match resin, but it's another to have the right sculpt and match resin! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby OkamiKodomo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:29 pm

*delurking to drop this tidbit; sorry for waiting so long to post lol*

The ones I know of that do resin matching are:

SpiritDoll
ResinSoul
Impldoll
Mirodoll

Of those, I know for a fact ResinSoul, Impldoll and Mirodoll will sell individual parts, like a torso, or pair of arms. I personally have used ResinSoul's color matching and it's superb. Spiritdoll sells bodies, heads and bust pieces separately, but I haven't asked if they will sell other parts.
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Arkinlae » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:10 pm

If the Dollshe Freshkin is the same as the Dollshe Ns from when they only did 2 skintones (2007ish) then I think it may be closer to matching Ws more than anything it was an extremely pale Ns.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale