Go to footer

The twins' wig show

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

The twins' wig show

Postby DollyKim » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:10 am

My sister and I won Recall prize heads back in the Dollzone photo contest and agreed they would be Bowies. Mine is Taffy kind of the "daytime" Bowie and hers is Jareth the Goblin King. In his search for individuality Taffy has since switched to brown eyes and explored different wigs=different personalities. They spend most of their time in their boxes, mostly because at 70cm they're super big and it keeps them pet safe.

Can't say where most came from, the Jareth and center part are definitely Monique.

And Taffy's shark hat someone made him for a swap. He wears it a lot. <3
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: The twins' wig show

Postby cirquemom » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:17 am

Need to switch out their eyes so they have mismatched eyes. David Bowie has one blue and one green, I think.
RIP, Major Tom.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Qrinta » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 pm

Super cool! They both look great. ^_^
Both eyes are technically blue but the one eye has a permanently dilated pupil which makes it appear more green than blue. I've been reading a lot of articles this week. o.o
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:28 am

One of the ones I read said it's permanently dilated due an injury when a school friend punched him in the eye over a girl.
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:02 am

I think they're both lovely representations of the great man in the anime/manga aesthetic. Taffy's other looks suit him well. And I do love Taffy's shark hat!

(Hah gods I remember obsessing over the dilated eyes and the fight with Underwood as a teen! I dredged up an old 70s interview back then where the journalist in a prime example of British journalistic integrity in the 70s swore blind that it was an example of cosmetic surgery :roll: )
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale