Go to footer

Smart Doll Crimson and Ebony

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Smart Doll Crimson and Ebony

Postby cirquemom » Sat May 28, 2016 2:58 pm

I got an Ebony for Christmas, and just now got a Crimson for my birthday (well....i bought him myself but still....).
They are both Danny Choo Smart Dolls, similar to Dollfie Dream and Obitsus, but a bit different. These are both in tan- the color is really a nice, warm skintone.
I have a 55 Obitsu male, a "60" cm Seedring male, and a 65 Obitsu male. Although I think the 60 cm (and 50 cm) Obitsus pose better than the female Smart Doll- her body is prettier. But I do think the Smart Doll guy poses much better than the 65 Obitsu (the 55 male poses just fine, just like the 60 cms).

Here they are:

Who is this???

Nice butt!

The Smart Dolls, Crimson and Ebony.

A vinyl line-up: Nicky (Obitsu 65 cm), Crimson (Smart Doll), Prima (Obitsu/Parabox Gretel modded to 55 cm with 55 cm legs), Smart Doll Ebony.

HOWEVER!!! Crimson is now Nicky, Prima's paramour, in his third incarnation (he started as an Elfdoll Red). Nicky will now become Mr. Nameless.

I like the blue eyes- they are a bit too big, though. I wish I could remember where I got them from and what brand they are, because I really like them.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Re: Smart Doll Crimson and Ebony

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Compared to Ebony, is Crimson as light? I remember holding up Kizuna and noticed the weight compared to an Obi50.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Sat May 28, 2016 5:04 pm

I adore Ebony.

cirquemom wrote:I have a 55 Obitsu male, a "60" cm Seedring male, and a 65 Obitsu male. Although I think the 60 cm (and 50 cm) Obitsus pose better than the female Smart Doll- her body is prettier. But I do think the Smart Doll guy poses much better than the 65 Obitsu (the 55 male poses just fine, just like the 60 cms).

If you could, whenever you get a free moment, I'd love to see some comparison photos. (posing, nekkid, etc.)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat May 28, 2016 11:46 pm

Not only does he have a nice butt - I do believe that the front of those shorts imply he may be more....realistically designed..... :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 am

He is very pretty! I want picture with Prima. And he needs a grill today!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby cirquemom » Tue May 31, 2016 9:59 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:Compared to Ebony, is Crimson as light? I remember holding up Kizuna and noticed the weight compared to an Obi50.

Yes, he is lighter than a same-sized Obitsu. The Smart Dolls are lighter in general. That's a plus when it comes to hauling them around, not sure what it will mean in terms of how long they hold up. The Obitsus just feel sturdier and more solid. But the Smart Doll body is prettier (although you do give up quite a bit in posing ability).
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby cirquemom » Tue May 31, 2016 9:59 am

Dark Angel wrote:I adore Ebony.

cirquemom wrote:I have a 55 Obitsu male, a "60" cm Seedring male, and a 65 Obitsu male. Although I think the 60 cm (and 50 cm) Obitsus pose better than the female Smart Doll- her body is prettier. But I do think the Smart Doll guy poses much better than the 65 Obitsu (the 55 male poses just fine, just like the 60 cms).

If you could, whenever you get a free moment, I'd love to see some comparison photos. (posing, nekkid, etc.)

Will try to do that in the next few days!
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby cirquemom » Tue May 31, 2016 10:00 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Not only does he have a nice butt - I do believe that the front of those shorts imply he may be more....realistically designed..... :)

Sadly, the realism only extends to a larger and more defined bulge. The only vinyl with real parts is my Seedring.
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue May 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Alas, what a shame :(
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:13 am

cirquemom wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:Not only does he have a nice butt - I do believe that the front of those shorts imply he may be more....realistically designed..... :)

Sadly, the realism only extends to a larger and more defined bulge. The only vinyl with real parts is my Seedring.

Yeah .... many were unhappy when Danny came right out and said that his male dolls would not be as ... detailed as his females. :o
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale