Go to footer

Prima and (the New) Nicki.

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Prima and (the New) Nicki.

Postby cirquemom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:20 am

Greyhaunt wrote:I always liked the original Nicki and I confess I just never thought the second incarnation felt right either. I was a bit hesitant when you announced you were going to make Crimson the new Nicki - but in the right clothes with the right wig and (of course) the eyes I must say I think he's just fantastic! I think Prima will be seriously happy with this guy :)

I Loved the original Nicki (still do, although he is now soulless in his box), but dang, a resin SD doll gets SO heavy when you are hauling them around.
Even though the Eiji sculpt is technically anime, it is close enough to realistic (I mean, everyone not in the BJD world who sees Prima immediately says she looks like anime anyway) that I don't find a huge disconnect between the two) that I'm comfortable with it.
I actually think he has the same "feel" in terms of intensity, etc. as the original Nicky. I like the Obitsu 65, but he was just never right for the character.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby oniakki » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:53 am

cirquemom wrote:He came with anime eyes- but I took the original eyes from the Elfdoll Red and put them in. They are 16 mm.
Someone on the facebook page made a snarky comment about "I would never put anime face style with realistic style".
Meh...guess I forgot to read that Rule Book (it's in the garbage with all of the other rule books I threw out). I like the way they look together.

I've found I'm personally not really a fan of the anime eyes look in any actual dolls, no matter how 'anime styled' the head sculpt is. I think he looks great. (Though I am also more a fan of the 'anime style' sculpts in general. ^.~)
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby cirquemom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:27 am

:)
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

cirquemom wrote:He came with anime eyes- but I took the origina eyes from the Elfdoll Red and put them in. They are 16 mm.
Someone on the facebook page made a snarky comment about "I would never put anime face style with realistic style"

I'm not a fan of moe anime looks but Eiji has that type of FFX-2 genki tough girl Yuna(still the best example of face sculpts I like) looks that's in sculpts like Dollfie Dream Alna and Iplehouse Luna. I tend to work with a specific style guide that leans towards video games....

No Helen, you may not hybrid an Eiji head to a girl body....
cirquemom wrote:Don't listen to her, Helen, you absolutely could hybrid an Eiji head to a girl body and it would work just great. In fact, you can now buy head separate from bodies from Danny Choo. I think the Eiji head would make a wonderful, although fierce, girl.

I will resist and see what happens when he comes to Singapore again during AFA. If anything I would like to keep to Obi50 size. (MSD size~~~~ MSD size~~~~ I is has slots in MSD department~~~~~)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale