Go to footer

Prima and (the New) Nicki.

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Prima and (the New) Nicki.

Postby cirquemom » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:03 pm

Some of you who have been on here for a while remember Prima and Nicki from the old Junky Spot Forum days. I got Prima in December, 2006, so she is almost ten years old. I had no idea I would have more than one doll. But she was lonely, so I got her a paramour (and then about a hundred friends, lol). The doll I chose was ElfDoll Red. I loved his look.

Nikita arrives home.

Out of the box.

Nicki and Prima had many adventures together.

For a while I tried the Elfdoll head on an Obitsu 60 cm male body, but I didn't like that either. He seemed top-heavy and the body was too girly, even with the male bust.

Then I finally got an Obitsu 65 cm male, and put the Elfdoll eyes into that body (because the soul follows the eyes, according to the movie "The Doll Master"). The guy was cool....but just not Nicki. Wrong personality, wrong feel.

Just was not happy with this match-up.

FInally, Danny Choo came out with a Smart Doll guy...and I waited until he was available in tan (a couple of weeks ago). Here is "Crimson" with his default shorts, eyes, and wig.

The original Elfdoll eyes now go into the Smart Doll, and he becomes Nicki. The Obitsu 65cm guy, now eyeless, has become "no one".

The "new" Nicki- I love the tan- he needed to be tan because Nicki is a surfer/beach bum.

NIcki and Prima.

Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Re: Prima and (the New) Nicki.

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Oh, yeah!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:50 pm

Quite the journey, huh? I like his first and last incarnations the best, I think. I hope this one "sticks"!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Love the new Nicki! I think Prima should be pretty happy too. It does seem amazing that it has been 10 years!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Ten years...Wow.
Congratulations Prima and Nicki!
They need an anniversary party.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby cirquemom » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:58 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Quite the journey, huh? I like his first and last incarnations the best, I think. I hope this one "sticks"!

I think we finally have it right. :) Can't wait to get some real stories going again.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby cirquemom » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:59 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:Love the new Nicki! I think Prima should be pretty happy too. It does seem amazing that it has been 10 years!

I know! it IS hard to believe! I got Prima in December, 2006, and you and Hazel were my very first BJD friends. Then I met Greyhaunt and finally K2!
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:56 am

I have to admit that I kinda like the Eiji sculpt for his eye shape. What size are the eyes anyway?

No Helen, you may not hybrid an Eiji head to a girl body....
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:18 am

I always liked the original Nicki and I confess I just never thought the second incarnation felt right either. I was a bit hesitant when you announced you were going to make Crimson the new Nicki - but in the right clothes with the right wig and (of course) the eyes I must say I think he's just fantastic! I think Prima will be seriously happy with this guy :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby cirquemom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:16 am

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I have to admit that I kinda like the Eiji sculpt for his eye shape. What size are the eyes anyway?

He came with anime eyes- but I took the original eyes from the Elfdoll Red and put them in. They are 16 mm.
Someone on the facebook page made a snarky comment about "I would never put anime face style with realistic style".
Meh...guess I forgot to read that Rule Book (it's in the garbage with all of the other rule books I threw out). I like the way they look together.

No Helen, you may not hybrid an Eiji head to a girl body....

Don't listen to her, Helen, you absolutely could hybrid an Eiji head to a girl body and it would work just great. In fact, you can now buy head separate from bodies from Danny Choo. I think the Eiji head would make a wonderful, although fierce, girl.
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale