Go to footer

Help getting Obitsu hands back on?

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Help getting Obitsu hands back on?

Postby Lunis » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:34 pm

So today I tried cutting back the vinyl on my 55cm boy's wrist joints. Everything went great and I think his wrist movement is going to be much better, but I can't for the life of me get his hand back on! I've been heating it in front of a blow dryer repeatedly now, but no matter how hard I push or stretch, his hand won't go back on. Anyone have advice? I'm scared I'll break the wrist peg pushing this hard.
Lunis's Dollhouse on FB (my doll page)
https://www.facebook.com/lunisdollhouse

Bittersweet Haven on FB (my art shop)
https://www.facebook.com/bittersweethavendesigns

Instagram: LooneyLunis
Lunis
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Help getting Obitsu hands back on?

Postby K2! » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Lunis wrote: I've been heating it in front of a blow dryer repeatedly now, but no matter how hard I push or stretch, his hand won't go back on. Anyone have advice? I'm scared I'll break the wrist peg pushing this hard.

Hands are small so it can be hard to hold them in front of your hair dryer without feeling like you're roasting you fingers. They will with stand more heat that you can. The vinyl in them is relatively thick so heating takes a while. So get yourself an oven mitt and keep heating them! They will soften up. As long as you don't touch them to the metal parts at the business end of the hair dryer they will be okay. Once you get them hot and soft, try more of a gentle circular twisting motion, rather than a rocking side to side motion while pushing them on.
Heat! Heat! Heat!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale