Go to footer

Are friends electric?

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Are friends electric?

Postby Vetinari » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Long overdue set of photos... Um the obitsu is a 55cm boy - Sasu, a street urchin running around in a Blade Runner/Shadowrun-esque setting. (Still struggling to put together his imagined outfit - street urchin he may be but he's borrowing those 'trousers' from one of the tall-ladies in my group, since the last set of purpose-bought pants he had really didn't work... *sigh* one day he'll be all put together! Though from the number of times he flung his wig off during this silly little photo-session I suspect he's due a new wig too now...)

And the more robotic dude is a hybrid/custom job made out of a Doll Family Yanji head and Doll Fantasy body. (He still needs more doing to him actually, but I realised I hadn't actually shown anyone on here what he looks like!) Basically think replicant - or Jude Law's character in AI - to get some idea of what his role is in this dystopian setting my BJDs inhabit!

Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: Are friends electric?

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:28 pm

You have some lovely and unique dolls. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Vetinari » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:08 pm

:D Thanks - you're being very kind about them! (I know my android guy isn't at his best there - but he is in a temporary face-up/midway through his planned mods)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:22 pm

I actually really like him. I like the colors that you used. It's blue, right?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Vetinari » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Thank you! Yeah he's shaded in shades of grey and blue - though his wig is an incredible purple that I can't photograph for the life of me. Ridiculously his clothes are all there to highlight his general inhuman look... *goes rummaging for photos*

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62489289@ ... 6874952873

(The face-up was done specifically for the most recent DOA Triathlon he was the lucky victim volunteer- and I haven't gotten around to wiping it yet, but generally I'm aiming for something more subtly inhuman as his long-term look... I somehow doubt he'd perform his role as gigolo very well looking as obviously strange as he does now, the eyes alone were supposed to be the obvious mark of his inhumanity not the entire face-up.)
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Yeah, he's pretty cool looking. :) And that clock is awesome!
However, his faceup would never pass for human. There's nothing subtle about it :lol: It's still cool though.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:12 am

I think the android is great too! And I see your dolls have a K9 too! It is a great prop.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Vetinari » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Thank you! It's great that people are able to see what I'm after with him even though he is still unfinished.

(Ah K-9... I adore him, but hardly ever bother to put the remote batteries in! I got him whilst it was still Tennant's era... Ooh gods must be around 10 years ago now! That makes me feel old, so the colours are a little off because he's from the original run, but there's no way I'm buying him again given that the re-release costs a lot more than the original did back in the day... And as far as I can tell the only difference is the paintjob. But it would be awesome to have two K-9s sniping at each other...)
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale