Go to footer

Smart Doll DIY

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Smart Doll DIY

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:01 am

For anyone interested, Danny Choo is offering a DIY kit for his Smart Dolls. I don't know much about it, but he posted a photo and notice a few days ago on his Facebook page. Iris from Fabric Friends and Dolls (the US dealer) is waiting to find out if she will be able to offer them through her store website - which would be great because she offers a layaway option. :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Smart Doll DIY

Postby K2! » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Someone on the Dollfie Dream board posted that a staff member at the Mirai Tokyo store indicated this deal would be available through the web site. No info posted yet. Price wise one might assume the price would be in the neighborhood of the In Store DIY, which is 38,000yen. Indications are there would be a bit more assembly done at the store before the doll shipped so the price might be higher. No word on what parts and sculpts would be available either.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Iris said Danny told her he wants to see what kind of response they get for the DIY and if it's good then she might be able to sell it. No timeframe, though.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Trethowan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Oh yeah! This sounds awesome. I'm tempted beyond all temptation to get one but we're about to remodel the entire downstairs of the house (busting out an old fireplace and adding kitchenette) so it will sadly be a while.
Trethowan

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:38 am

I would LOVE to get a DIY Smart Doll. What a fun little project it would be to put one together. I hope the DIY's stick around for a while, maybe I can get one later.

Also, is it for all the sculpts? Or just a couple? I really like Starlight (I think that's her name).
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale