Go to footer

American Girl/18" Doll Accessories With 1/3 Scale BJDs

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

American Girl/18" Doll Accessories With 1/3 Scale BJDs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm sure I'm not the only one to realize this, but American Girls and 18" dolls made to look like children are technically 1/3 scale, but they're 1/3 children. The reason I bring this up is because, when I was still into 1/3 scale BJDs, I found that a lot of the 18" doll accessories like food, cleaning set, and other small accessories were a really nice size for my dolls. Obviously, clothes and furniture won't fit (at least not for the really big dolls, like my 65-70 cm guys), but food and dishes and such were a good fit, usually. Anybody else ever found some 18" doll goodies that worked for their BJDs?
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: American Girl/18" Doll Accessories With 1/3 Scale BJDs

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 pm

I have a knock off brand cello that is pretty decent as a viola. I have a laptop too and school bag and supplies. Some of the clothes even work for me dolls. Especially if I alter them a bit.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I used to have all kinds of food and dishes and stuff . . . Actually, they're still in a box under the bed. ^-^; I've moved to 1/6 scale stuff in the last couple of years . . . I can store a lot more 1/6 scale stuff in the same amount of space, but my 1/3 scale guys are still around. They're just in storage until the younger cat gets out of her, "Oooooh, tiny resin fingers to chew on!" phase.
Kattriella

Postby Greyhaunt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Oh lots of us know about those AG props! I have the Molly kitchen table and some other doll's laptop and stuff :) Several of the 1/3 and 1/4 people around here use the AG things :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kattriella » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Oh lots of us know about those AG props! I have the Molly kitchen table and some other doll's laptop and stuff :) Several of the 1/3 and 1/4 people around here use the AG things :)

Yay, it's not just me!

I don't think I've ever seen someone mention AG stuff, and the ones who do usually get jumped by DoA "purists" it seems like . . . (Hey, if it fits, WHO CARES WHERE IT COMES FROM?!)

I know some people even use the clothes as a way to keep their dolliehs from being nekked until they can get clothes for them. (And again, DoA folks seem to get upset. I don't go on that site anymore . . .)

The accessories and food and stuff looks so cute with the bigger dolls. X)
Kattriella

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40 pm

LOL - we do a lot of things here that would cause DoA people to have conniption fits. We allow dolls that aren't fully jointed, we make clothing out of socks, and we use whatever we can find to make a prop :)

One of the reasons this place was created was as a small alternative to the more uptight forums!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Kattriella » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am

DoA is ridiculous with some of it's rules . . . I remember reading that one of the rules was that all dolls had to be "fully rendered" in case of naked photoshoots, or something like that? Why do you guys WANT to see my dolls naked? That's creepy (and unreseaonable, in my opinion).

I see absolutely nothing wrong with sock clothes as long as they fit. (Probably why I didn't do well on DoA.) I make props out of paper, cardboard, recycled cereal/food boxes, plastic from Barbie packaging, Model Magic . . . I'm trying to figure out how to make an onion with Model Magic and tissue paper. But those materials wouldn't be "fancy" or "expensive" enough for DoA. XP
Kattriella

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:53 am

Really, I think DoA is a LOT better than it was. I hardly see any of the purist stuff anymore.

But back on topic...

AG clothes will sometimes fit on my bigger dolls. Like these purple pants:

(Not the best pic of them, but you can see that they fit nicely.)

Again, not the best picture but the shirt is an AG sized shirt and it fit on my guy quite well.

I had a pink princess looking dress that I just took in in the back and it worked on my 1/4 girl.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale