Go to footer

Meet Olivia Basil!

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Meet Olivia Basil!

Postby werepuppy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Dark Angel wrote:They make 50cm Obitsu guys... but that's shorter than Olivia and you said you wanted taller.

Granado offers vinyl guys now. Less expensive than Smart doll, but with a more realistic look.

Yeah, I could have sworn Obitsu made a 65cm male body, but apparently it's not been made for a few years. Maybe I'll get lucky somewhere. Maybe.

Oh, should not have gone looking at Granado... VinDoll Jupiter is very lovely.
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby K2! » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:15 am

Welcome Home Olivia!
The Haruka is one of my favorite sculpts of all time!
If any questions arise, this is the place to ask!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby werepuppy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 am

K2! wrote:Welcome Home Olivia!

Olivia says thank you!

I've really got to agree; this sculpt is just really endearing on it's own. I don't think Parabox sell it anymore, which is a shame.

Lol, the only question at the moment regards to male vinyl BJDs of the same height or taller. Because Olivia would like her friend Jack around. (Though I think a VinDoll might be a bit more achievable to save for...)
werepuppy

Postby werepuppy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:51 am

Yes, yes, I know, yet another double post. I am really bad for this... ANYWAY. Olivia and I have been sitting discussing her wig. While the one I use in most photos I do like, there is one other we both like so... We thought we ask you lot:

Wig A:

OR

Wig B:

(Interesting true fact: I had initially thought Olivia would have shorter hair, but on seeing her, I don't think shorter hair works all that well for her...? IDK. Maybe I'll find like that one wig that pulls it off in a way I can't help but love.)
werepuppy

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:25 am

werepuppy wrote:
K2! wrote:Welcome Home Olivia!

Olivia says thank you!

I've really got to agree; this sculpt is just really endearing on it's own. I don't think Parabox sell it anymore, which is a shame.

Lol, the only question at the moment regards to male vinyl BJDs of the same height or taller. Because Olivia would like her friend Jack around. (Though I think a VinDoll might be a bit more achievable to save for...)

Congratulations! She's truly lovely! :)
As for a taller male vinyl doll, some Japanese sellers on eBay are still selling the Obitsu 65cm male for around $269 USD with free shipping. I know some people had issues with their jointing/weight but it's a great buy for a vinyl boy, brand new!
(ebay item #142358646124 if you're interested)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby werepuppy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:38 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Congratulations! She's truly lovely! :)
As for a taller male vinyl doll, some Japanese sellers on eBay are still selling the Obitsu 65cm male for around $269 USD with free shipping. I know some people had issues with their jointing/weight but it's a great buy for a vinyl boy, brand new!
(ebay item #142358646124 if you're interested)

The Obitsu 65 is one of the ones I am looking at. Honestly, all of it needs to wait until I managed to save up/sell some stuff to get money to put towards Jack. Because at the current moment, the Jack fund has a grand total of £0.00 in it, so nothing can be achieved until that changes. It'll take a while, unless I get very lucky.
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 pm

werepuppy wrote:Because at the current moment, the Jack fund has a grand total of £0.00 in it, so nothing can be achieved until that changes. It'll take a while, unless I get very lucky.

I know the feeling. :lol: ... :cry:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm

I really like wig A on her. The darker color suits her, I think.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:41 pm

davidd: We all whimper at our empty doll funds.

Dark Angel: The darker colour does seem to work well for her

- - -

"Oh! This book has my name on it!"

"We're going to read it, right?"

(Book is Olivia Twist, by Lorie Langdon. A sequel and AU - of sorts - to Oliver Twist. It's a fun read, if a bit fasted paced in places.)
werepuppy

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:09 pm

Welcome Olivia! I see she has started the “but I’m lonely” talk. As you can see from my signature, I love Obitsu too!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale