Go to footer

Obitsu 65 [HELP NEEDED]

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Obitsu 65 [HELP NEEDED]

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:02 am

So. I sold my PS4 - I wasn't really playing anything anyway - and bought an Obitsu 65 from Mandarake. He arrived today and he's amazing.

I made the t-shirt and the trousers. The trainers are actually meant to be Olivia's, but I forget to order him a pair, so he is borrowing these ones. I need to work out how to put his eyes in...

Which is what I need help with, actually. See, I read that this head takes 16mm eyes. But on getting him today, the 16mm looks too big, and the pockets are kind of... very rigid? I'm just wondering if there's a trick or something here to getting the eyes into place. Thanks for any help!
werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Obitsu 65 [HELP NEEDED]

Postby maywong » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:17 am

Congrats on getting him. I can't wait to see him when he gets his eyes in.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby davidd » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 am

Maybe some dark-tinted sunglasses? 8-)

Congratulations on the gigantic new arrival! I hope you get the eyes thing sorted soon!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm

maywong wrote:Congrats on getting him. I can't wait to see him when he gets his eyes in.

Thank you! I'm still trying to work out how to do it. 16mm seems too big for the pockets, really...

davidd wrote:Maybe some dark-tinted sunglasses? 8-)

Congratulations on the gigantic new arrival! I hope you get the eyes thing sorted soon!

Hah! That sounds like an idea, actually. Thanks, here's hoping someone will be able to give me some good advice on how to fix the issue!
werepuppy

Postby SetsunaKou » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Usually for Obitsu vinyl heads, you can use a hair dryer to soften the eye sockets and then, while they are still soft (this needs to be done pretty quickly) push firmly in the eyes. Of course, you need to wear protective gloves as you might burn yourself from the heat of the hair dryer held so closely. :) Use thick gloves and be sure to let go if you get too much heat on your hands.

Another way would be to soak his head in boiling water for a minute. This softens the vinyl too and is less dangerous though a bit more messy/watery. :laughs:

Good luck!!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:44 pm

You can always slit the sockets, too. Quick and easy.
Stormlight

Postby werepuppy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 am

SetsunaKou wrote:Usually for Obitsu vinyl heads, you can use a hair dryer to soften the eye sockets and then, while they are still soft (this needs to be done pretty quickly) push firmly in the eyes. Of course, you need to wear protective gloves as you might burn yourself from the heat of the hair dryer held so closely. :) Use thick gloves and be sure to let go if you get too much heat on your hands.

Another way would be to soak his head in boiling water for a minute. This softens the vinyl too and is less dangerous though a bit more messy/watery. :laughs:

Good luck!!!

Ahh! Thank you so much! I think I will try the boiling water method first as I don't have a hair-dryer at the moment. But if it doesn't work, I will try the hair-dryer!

Stormlight wrote:You can always slit the sockets, too. Quick and easy.

Ahhh, that is a method to try
werepuppy

Postby werepuppy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:17 am

Heavily filtered photo, but done to show that Jack has eyes now!

I went with the boiling water method - standing at the kitchen sink to do it to cut done on mess - as I don't actually have a hairdryer handy. Still, they're in and they look pretty good. Oh, I didn't need to get smaller eyes - the 16mm fitted perfectly, and I don't even need putty to keep them in place now they're in.

I guess technically all that's left is a face-up, but I do not have skills in that area...
werepuppy

Postby davidd » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:59 am

werepuppy wrote:I guess technically all that's left is a face-up, but I do not have skills in that area...

So the results might be... entertaining, huh? :lol:

The eyes are looking good. (Get it: "looking" good? :lol: :lol: )

I'm glad you figured it out, and didn't have to do any cutting, or purchase a different size or shape of eye.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm

davidd wrote:So the results might be... entertaining, huh? :lol:

The eyes are looking good. (Get it: "looking" good? :lol: :lol: )

I'm glad you figured it out, and didn't have to do any cutting, or purchase a different size or shape of eye.

Entertaining is one word for it...

Heh, puns.

I am glad too, I didn't relish the thought of having to cut into the vinyl...
werepuppy

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale