Go to footer

Monday is here!

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Monday is here!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:36 pm

My new Smart Doll Monday has arrived! She's everything I hoped she would be. Even the DH said he likes her. I had a name chosen but it's not going to work, so I need to keep looking. Penny is standing out for right now, but I'm not sure it's quite right. In any case, here she is with Ena and I think it's a love match! She is wearing the jeans I made for her from Danny's free pattern. It's good you can't really see the wonky top-stitching LOL! I am going to work on them a bit to see if I can get them to fit better.
ImageGirls1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I'm going to go shoe shopping for the both of them as they are wearing oversize shoes I bought for my Iplehouse Rex doll and they didn't fit his huge feet. I think they need something a bit sleeker altho the oversize ones help them stand easier.
Oh, btw, McD's new Happy Meal teeny beanies are just the right size for them!
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Monday is here!

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:23 am

So cute!

I keep hoping against hope that Danny will reconsider the 16" dolls he teased us with a few years ago.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am

Congratulations on the new arrival! Their outfits are both very cute... and yes, oversize shoes definitely help with the balance; plus, they look kind of adorable with the flared jeans!
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:20 am

Congrats on getting her.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:48 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:So cute!

I keep hoping against hope that Danny will reconsider the 16" dolls he teased us with a few years ago.

I wouldn't mind having one in that size too.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:17 pm

I saw pictures of a Smart Doll meet somewhere, and one person had one of those big ones.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:01 pm

So I decided I liked Monday's face so much, I am going to sell my Kanata/Ena and buy another more realistic face girl. She's up on ebay and after just one hour, I got an offer for her. It is slightly higher than my asking price, but since it came so fast, I'm wondering if she's more desired than I thought. I have 24 hours to decide to accept the offer, so I'm going to wait til tomorrow before making up my mind.

Meantime I am looking and thinking about which girl I'd like. I'm leaning towards Genesis.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:09 pm

In my experience, having sold several dolls on eBay recently, I've noticed that "offers" on auctions often come in quickly, within the first few hours or the first couple of days, when buyers think they can get a much better deal than they will if they place an auction bid.

I refused all such offers, and my items (boxed Monster High dolls, Ashton-Drake Emily the Strange dolls) all sold for more than the offers that initially came in.

It was nerve-racking, though, because it seems that anymore, all the bids come in during the final few hours, or even few minutes, of a listing. eBay has become a battlefield for snipers, with everyone trying to edge out everyone else in the final few seconds. It's in those last few minutes that the price for an item that looks like it is being ignored suddenly explodes.

On a few items I was selling, I placed what I thought was an overly optimistic Buy It Now price in addition to the auction bidding, and a number of dolls sold for the Buy It Now. Seems that European buyers still have lots of money, and they are willing to pay the eBay Global Shipping price.

I've been periodically checking eBay for Kanata in milk, because I have one, and for a while I was beginning to think I'd rather have the money. I have not seen a milk Kanata show up since they were discontinued. Very few milk Smart Dolls at all appear on eBay these days. Accessory parts (hands, feet, busts) in milk bring one or two hundred dollars themselves.

I see that you already have a bid on your listing, so you cannot change the price or add a Buy It Now price. I do not know if you can still edit the listing to offer International shipping through the eBay Global Shipping plan, but if you can, it might be worthwhile. If you use Global Shipping, you only need to ship the parcel to the eBay Global Shipping center here in the States. Once it arrives there, your responsibility is done. You do not need to hassle with customs forms or pay the outrageous international shipping costs. eBay handles all that. And as long as the parcel arrives at the stateside eBay shipping center within the expected time frame, the International buyer cannot post negative feedback for shipping time.

When I offer eBay Global Shipping, I check a few boxes for "does not ship to." I usually do not offer sales to Africa (too much fraud) or to the Middle East (too much war).

I was going to suggest a higher starting price, because you're selling the Alternate Kanata in Milk, but... too late for that now! Since you already have bids, I do not think you can edit the title, but if you can, I would suggest including "Alternate version" in the listing title. Nevertheless, I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by the final purchase price, and that it will exceed the offer you received.

In the meantime... I think maybe I'll place a bid, myself! Because... :o ... Alternate Kanata in Milk!

Good luck!

(EDIT: during the time it took me to type this post, the number of watchers on your Kanata listing increased from seven to twelve. She's getting some interest!)
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:01 am

When a Smart Doll model is discontinued it's price on the secondhand market goes way up. I would tend to agree with davidd and be suspect of first offers like right away. While there's no harm in a private buyer trying to get a deal (except that you could and probably will get better bids), I suspect many of these are resellers who plan on turning around and reselling the dolls on EBay at even higher prices.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:37 am

Thanks, there's a lot I wish I'd known before I listed her but it is what it is. I did get an offer but once someone else bid, it was declined for me anyway. Not that I would have taken it. I do hope that there is a flurry at the end and that I get enough to get my new doll and maybe some clothes. I'd like to get new eyes as the one I want has brown eyes but I will probably have to look for a while since they are all sold out onsite. davidd, I did add another photo and put my price I'd accept as higher but it wouldn't let me change anything else. And I would feel like a jerk to cancel and start over, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it goes for a good price. Thanks for all the info tho.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale