Go to footer

Monday is here!

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Monday is here!

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:11 am

Thanks! I plan to do some skirt refits today. And Genesis has been ordered. Haven't been paid by ebay yet, but the DH and I agreed it was okay to tap the savings and just replenish it when I do get paid. I'm not sure I'll keep the short wig for Genesis. And it will be fun to see what she names herself. I'm tempted to call her Ena.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:45 pm

And now the doll is being returned because she claims it's full of scratches. I think I've been scammed. But nothing I can do. At least they will hold her money til I get the doll back. I am livid.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:00 pm

...Those kind of doll don't get full of scratches very easily. I hope she didn't do something weird.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:01 pm

I hope you aren't getting a swapped doll. It's a good thing you took photos because you might need to get Ebay involved.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:I hope you aren't getting a swapped doll. It's a good thing you took photos because you might need to get Ebay involved.

Ebay always favors the buyer. I'm pretty sure she has swapped at least the head. Not much I can do about it til I get it back, but I'm telling ebay not to return her money til I get the doll back.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:16 pm

Oh, no! I hope this wasn't a scammer who just wanted the rare alternate head sculpt.

Look the doll over very carefully when it comes back, and if you suspect a scam, like a head swap, notify eBay immediately... and hope for the best.

If you do get the original doll back, I would suggest re-listing for at least seven days, or even ten, rather than three. When I need "quick money" I do a five day listing, but for something this expensive, I would want as many people to see it as possible.

Include a few more close-up photos of the head and face in the listing. You can include up to 12 photos; for an item like this, close-up photos in addition to the pics you posted would be helpful.

Mention any flaws you are aware of, no matter how minor, in your description.

And clearly state: PRE-OWNED ITEM - OFFERED "AS IS" - RETURNS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! PLEASE READ ENTIRE DESCRIPTION AND SEE PHOTOS! ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE BEFORE PLACING A BID! Don't forget to check the little "no returns" box.

(I do this on ALL my listings now, and it has significantly reduced returns and complaints.)
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:42 am

Also, while it can be a pain to go through, you insured the delivery so submit a claim to the post office, too.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:50 am

Oh no, Kenaiqueen-san!! :cries for you:

I hope the buyer just really returned your actual doll and not swapped anything out! That would be a nightmare and as you said---eBay almost ALWAYS sides with buyers. :cries:

Let's just hope and pray it's a 'simple' return. (Which stinks but it's better than being scammed entirely!)

:hugs: I'm so sorry this happened to you! You're such a great person---it's horrible for you to deal with!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby kenaiqueen » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:22 pm

Well, the doll is back, and while it's a possibility she swapped the head, it is an alternate/smiling face. The marks she found are almost invisible which makes me think she either wanted a 'perfect' head or she thinks she paid too much and needs the money back. I have to return the money by the 8th so I'll hold off til then while I keep looking for problems. I don't remember seeing the 'shine marks' as she put it before I sent her which makes me think she swapped, but I could be wrong. In any case, I can't prove it so I'll have to give her money back. But not today or tomorrow. I'm busy with a medical procedure tomorrow and I can't be bothered with all this crap til I get that out of the way. At least I got the doll back. And with all your good advice, davidd, I will repost her. I have to sell her or I'd just say screw it and keep her, but we just can't afford it right now since I've already ordered her replacement.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:30 pm

:oops: Now it looks like... I might need to sell a few more things on eBay this month. :lol:
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale