Go to footer

My Genesis has arrived!

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

My Genesis has arrived!

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:05 pm

I think one of the things I like best about Smart Doll is that you don't have to wait for 6 months for a doll to arrive. (Heck, my two Kaye Wiggs minis took 9 months each! I could have grown a human in that time.) Anyway, here is the new girl in town and I'm pretty pleased with her. Especially because she says her name is Nikki and I like it. It can be a Japanese surname meaning '2 trees' or derived from the Greek meaning 'victory.' Apt since we just lost almost a dozen trees to Spruce Bark Beetle kill but it will hopefully save the rest of our trees by taking them down.
I give you Nikki or 'Doll in Gray Underwear with Flowers'. :D
ImageN1 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
ImageN2 by Kenai Queen, on Flickr
I have a few wigs to try on her since I'm not sure I want the short one to be her default. And sometime in the future, I'd like to trade out her brown eyes for green. But I love her face and I think she looks good with Penny.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: My Genesis has arrived!

Postby davidd » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:14 pm

Congratulations on the new arrival! She's cute! I like the short bobbed hair!

Do Smart Dolls now come in the grey rather than white tops and shorts?
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:20 pm

davidd wrote:Congratulations on the new arrival! She's cute! I like the short bobbed hair!

Do Smart Dolls now come in the grey rather than white tops and shorts?

Thanks! As far as I know, yeah, they are all in the gray which I'm not pleased with since I'd like to stay away from stains. I made her some white lace boyleg panties tho and am putting the gray away.

I like the hair, but I like longer too. Plus, I've ordered a short red one for Monday/Penny and I didn't want them both to have the short hair. I definitely liked her in darker wigs tho. I don't see her as a blonde.

BTW, I tried to PM you but it doesn't show it was sent. Did you get one from me?
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:56 am

Congrats on getting her.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:31 am

She looks awesome!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby davidd » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:42 am

Did not receive the first PM. Received the second one and responded.

Then responded again just now (Friday morning).
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Let the wig trials begin and may the odds be in your favor!
First up, stolen from my big Kaye Wiggs Miki, a Christine by Monique Gold. Color okay, but too long and too curly for her.

Next, also stolen from Miki, from ebay, a cosplay/fantasy wig. Don't really like the lighter hue on her so I won't be looking at blonde wigs for her default altho it does look okay with her skin tone and eyebrows.

Next, stolen from an American Model and bit on the small side, which means it wouldn't stay on her head. Not sure where I got this one but I suspect it's a Monique Gold from Facets which is closed for while. But I like it the best and if it wasn't so small, it would be a winner. Really like wavy over stick straight hair.

Finally, stealing Penny's mermaid cherry wig. Cute but not it. Really don't want two redheads and with her adorable freckles, Penny really needs to be a ginger.

I kinda wanted bangs for Nikki and definitely a medium to dark brown. I'll keep searching. Her bob is cute and works for now. I had intended Penny to be my more edgy girl but Nikki might work that style better. I'll need to try the dresses on them to see who feels more girly to me.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby davidd » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:04 pm

The curly gold-ish wig looks pretty cool! Like she's a Princess or Goddess from a Forgotten Realm in a low-budget 1970s adventure movie (starring Doug McClure).
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:23 pm

davidd wrote:The curly gold-ish wig looks pretty cool! Like she's a Princess or Goddess from a Forgotten Realm in a low-budget 1970s adventure movie (starring Doug McClure).

Christopher Lee can play the bad guy!

Much as I like it and with some outfits it would be smashing, but it's a pain and gets tangled in everything! I'm still liking the idea of bangs too. Am searching on ebay and etsy to see what I can come up with but it will have to wait til I get my social security check later this month.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Starwaia » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:33 pm

She's so pretty! I really like her in the red wig. I considered a Genesis myself, but all my girls are milk so if I went for cinnamon I'd have to buy all the hand packs again. I'd love a Monday as well, and I saw your post about her too! Penny is a great name. I think if I did decide to buy a Smartdoll again I'd have too much trouble deciding! But those two are high on the list. ^^;

Nikki is such a pretty name and I think it suits her! I hope you end up finding a wig you like! And oh man I totally agree about the fast turnaround time for Smartdolls, it kind of spoiled me for resin dolls for a while (though my latest resin girl shipped surprisingly quick).
Resin Dolliehs: Laika, Halogen, Mischka, Caitlin, Vriska, Bailey | Vinyl: Mels, Felis, Kizuna | Incompletes: Yue, Cawbri, Natalie | Others: Angel, Lagoona, Chara, various barbies | Wishlist: none atm | Saving: Clothes and stuff
Starwaia
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale