Go to footer

So long Shi Shi my Obitsu 60

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

So long Shi Shi my Obitsu 60

Postby DollyKim » Fri May 27, 2022 3:32 pm

Or most of him.
First off he’s a late 2006 model who has been in triple digit heat, mornings cold enough to snow, storage, and the back of a moving truck in triple digit heat and Mystery Flesh Pit levels of humidity so it’s all on me.
Plans were to take his boy chest and head, make a cloth body, continue to enjoy him. Having replaced both shoulders and hips in our earlier travels I wanted to be done with that, just use the body with its original boobs and head for photo comparisons.
Well, everything but his head is sticky so it looks like I’ll be trying to figure out something else to do.
His head, the larger eyehole one, is fine so far so I’ll pop that on a cloth body and he’ll be good.

Not at all wanting to save his old body but will take ideas for making an art doll out of it.

Not wanting to replace his old body either, tired of popping shoulder joints by how I was grabbing him or even just thinking about him, lol.

And I won’t discourage anyone from getting an Obitsu 60, just don’t let it slam dance.
*Just checked one of the 1/6 Obitsus from 2006 with rooted heads and that was a bit sticky :(
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: So long Shi Shi my Obitsu 60

Postby Tam I am » Fri May 27, 2022 6:01 pm

My old 60cm girl got some sticky from sweating. But I washed her with dish soap and water, and she's okay now.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat May 28, 2022 4:59 am

Since Obitsu parts are made of unobtanium right now, clean him with dish soap first, then a baking soda rinse, and put the body up on evilbay. Someone who needs parts will love to get him.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sat May 28, 2022 6:09 am

I might try the wash but I'm in no mood to do a bay selling. It's pretty messed up from the heat, possibly warped, and I can't even get the broken shoulder joint out to put a replacement in.

Even before I knew how bad his skin was I had it in mind to give him a different body because I was tired of replacing hips and shoulders.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby DollyKim » Sat May 28, 2022 12:56 pm

He used to be a white skin.

Did have some thoughts go thru the doll making part of my brain, which is why the other arm is off, and I'll be forking around and finding out soon. None of my ideas should make things any worse if any of his Unobtanium is still good.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun May 29, 2022 3:15 am

This give you an idea about "Unobtanium"?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124200498158?h ... Swk7VezN0D

$77 bucks for a pair of ankle joints.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Sun May 29, 2022 5:13 am

My first concern with all of his parts right now is they might snap, I held my breath taking his arm out. I found his broken ones, I've done both hips and shoulders, there's mysterious things I don't even know about.

I have an experiment in mind for this weekend after which it'll get a bath.

If anyone here is in need of parts and can put up with the severely as-is condition it would be easier to deal with.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Sun May 29, 2022 5:35 am

I just love price gouging, don't you?
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:27 am

I think I'm going to get him a skeleton for a body when the halloween decorations come out.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale