Go to footer

Smart Doll Fortitude

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Smart Doll Fortitude

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:27 am

She arrived this past Wednesday when I was sick, so I'm just now beginning to work with her. Here's a closeup photo I took of her this morning. (more below that.)

I'll be changing her name. My thought is that she will be the vinyl personification of my Second Life avatar (and a Star Wars Galaxy alt), Fionne. Yes, the spelling is intentional.

Fionne in SL is a merrow/halfling so technically she is supposed to have brown hair with blue running through it. Yeah.... try finding *that* wig. Oh - and scales! LOL! Below is a pic of Fionne in SL. (Mostly she's just an urban elf anymore, though.) So, I'm letting Fortitude tell me who she is.

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Smart Doll Fortitude

Postby kenaiqueen » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:29 pm

She's really cute! Congratulations on getting her. I'm sure you can find a custom wig maker who could make the wig of your dreams, but it will probably be really expensive. As an alternative, maybe you can put some blue extensions into a brown wig. As for the scales, I'd suggest you get a net body suit and sew/glue scales on. Either that or sew up a body suit in some scaled stretch fabric. Are you going to get the elf ears too? I love the character's body suit with all the sea trim. That would be fun to make! Forty and Beyond are my 2 favorites of the faces I don't have. I'm holding out for a boy next time if they ever make them again. I have my Genesis head I could use for a guy with a bit of a repaint if they sell just the boy bodies.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tam I am » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:26 pm

I second the suggestion of the scale print bodysuit. And the blue extensions.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kattriella » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:55 pm

Adding heat proof hair extensions to a brown wig and curling them is definitely your best bet as far as the hair goes.
Kattriella

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:51 am

As for the wig, I just ordered one from a creator on Etsy. It's going to be a cocoa brown (their other browns were too red or pink) and the blue will be the "beneath" color. I also bought a blue and green wig from the MP on DoA to see how I can play with that. Maybe brown extensions? I don't even know where to find any to fit doll heads, though.

Fionne has a pretty detailed backstory (along with her husband, but my husband isn't on SL anymore). She's actually disabled. She was born with only her calves fused together like a mermaid and part scales/part flesh skin. She was also born with human lungs so she can't stay underwater long. She wears magical anklets so she can walk on land. Which is way more than I could ever duplicate in doll form. :lol:

If I keep Fortitude as Fionne, I'll probably sent her to Angel Toast for a new faceup. Perhaps Andy has some ideas about the scales.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:43 am

Now she's my little elf girl!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:33 pm

Awww, cute ears! I'd be so wanting to pierce those babies LOL! She's got such a cute face too. Hope you have as much fun with her as I do with my Smarties.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:05 pm

She's got such a perfect face for an elf character! She's so cute I wanna just squeal.
Kattriella

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:07 pm

Curly Girl!

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:27 pm

That's a beautiful wig and great color too!
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale