Go to footer

Obitsu 48cm body

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Obitsu 48cm body

Postby K2! » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm

This is the Obitsu 48cm body as available in Azone's fullset Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, The First Movie, Fate Testarossa.
The 48cm is next to the stock Obitsu 50cm.

The fullset hands, which are shaped as the stock hands but molded in black vinyl to represent gloves, have been replace. The fullset anime head is a whopping 22.5cm compared to the Haruka's 20cm. The Azone fullset also comes with the small bust and the new ankles.

The 48cm's height to the top of the neck vinyl is 42.3cm, compared to the 50cm's 45.7cm.

From what I can tell, the height differential between the 48cm and the 50cm comes entirely from the legs. The thighs on the 48cm appear to be almost 1cm shorter and the calves/feet almost 2cm shorter. The arms and torso appear to be the same parts.

Here are the new and old ankles.

The skeletal part below the ankle ball is several millimeters shorter than it's older counterpart. This seats the ankle ball farther into the foot vinyl and realistically, closer to where the ankle actually should be. The new Obitsu ankles are available on the Obitsu Shop site, retailing for 2079yen. On the Obitsu Blog instructions are given for installing the new ankle using the old foot vinyl. From what I can tell, the foot vinyl for the new ankle is the same as the old, just trimmed a bit shorter.

http://obitsu.blog17.fc2.com/
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Obitsu 48cm body

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 pm

She looks darling! And little. The legs look good in proportion to the body too.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:27 pm

I was thinking that the hips look just the same - I'm not surprised that all the height came out of the legs. I have to say, without the wig that head just lucks wierd on the neck ;p
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby Misheru » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:21 am

Ohhh I have a new Ellowyne Wilde in a white skin tone that is a perfect match to Obitsu white and she would fit so perfect on that body. Her head is a little smaller....eeeee! I want, I want!
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby TheHighlander » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:26 am

Hmmmm.... Well, I like the longer legs on the 50cm. I'm quite happy with the scale of the 60cm girls right now. Though I do want a 50 with the large (not the extra large) bust option. In the mean time, I am more than happy with the 60cm size.

The 48cm size is getting close to the 17-inch deluxe 1/4 scale girls from Tonner. The old Kitty Collier was about the same height as these new 48s. I don't know, I'd like to see Obitsu do a slightly shorter lady, but with a more developed body instead of the very thin, frame they use on the 48s/50s.
TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Postby TheHighlander » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 am

Greyhaunt wrote:I was thinking that the hips look just the same - I'm not surprised that all the height came out of the legs. I have to say, without the wig that head just lucks wierd on the neck ;p

I just realized that the 48cm doll in that picture looks like the cartoon version of Aang from Avatar : The Last Airbender.
TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Postby cirquemom » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:01 am

Highlander- allegedly they are coming out with a 40 cm girl this winter sometime. However, past experience has taught us to not hold our breath....
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby Mary Kathryn » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:29 am

Technically then, assuming they were to offer the leg parts seperately, I could just put them on Claire if I wanted her a little shorter then. XD

I'm waiting to see how that 40cm gal comes out. I may be going after one if they look good.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby cirquemom » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:57 am

Yes, MK, you could do that. Just order the 48 cm legs when they are available (probably not for a while, although since this was ordered through another company, maybe never).

The prototype pictures of the 40 cm look pretty cute.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Postby haruredjen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:14 pm

cirquemom wrote:
The prototype pictures of the 40 cm look pretty cute.

Wait, where's the 40 pic? *wants to see*
haruredjen
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale