Go to footer

Dressing a 50cm Obitsus

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Dressing a 50cm Obitsus

Postby Tira-chan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 pm

So as all of us with these lovely but oddly-sized dolls know, they can be a real pain to fit for clothes. Here's some of the stuff I've found - what have the rest of you found that works? I'm posting it here, since I'm not sure if it'd be OK at Junkyspot.

The top and jacket in this picture are Best Friends Ink. They have three different outfit sets, and run about $15.99 a set. They're not too bad for the price, though a lot of the edges aren't finished very well. The skirt doesn't really come up far enough, and I wasn't too fond of the print, but I love the little jacket! The jeans were made by me, from an old pant leg and the sock pants tutorial.

Just the tank top. The straps should probably be shortened a bit.

And... I also made this STUNNING discovery!
She can wear Ken clothes! It's not a perfect fit - if you look in the mirror, you can see it's too tight through the back. Short sleeves work the best, I've found. She also has a martial arts style top from Mulan's boyfriend she wears sometimes (I have an abysmally low amount of Ken clothes), but the neckline does quite meet right, as it ties in the front. It's far from perfect, but a good source of cheap clothes. It probably says something about Ken that his tops look very cute on a teenage girl...

So where do you find 50cm clothes?
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Dressing a 50cm Obitsus

Postby Resu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:28 pm

I know that Friends 2B Made tops fit them rather nicely.

She's wearing an SD skirt my mom won as a prize from Cirquemom. =D

American Girl tops are passable, too. They're slightly baggy, but not too much that it looks weird. Pants are way too wide, though.

Dollmore MSD sized outfits fit, too. Just the sleeves, skirts, and pants will be shorter. I did have to remove her arms to get them through the sleeves, but the outfit is sooooo cute!~<3
Resu
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:02 am

If you can still find any of the...what were they called "teen trends" I think? their clothing fits a 50cm really well - as long as you are using the default bust :) I dont' have pics, but I do have one of those outfits somewhere.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:59 am

The old Teen Trends doll bodies were recycled into the 16 inch High School Musical dolls, so those outfits will fit too. You can still find Teen Trends stuff on evilbay.

Me, I just make my own. Except for one outfit, the Tonner Peter Coronation outfit, which fits beautifully.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 am

Yea, I make my own as well. Some tips for sewers are getting Build-a-Bear skirts and taking them in. Sometimes you can get two skirts out of 1 LOL. Also any patterns for SD, if you shrink them to 85% will give you a great starting point for the 50cm. Or upsize an MSD pattern about 10%. You still need to tweak them a bit, but it is an excellent beginning point.
Greyhaunt

Postby Itsaiya » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:53 pm

I just steal my 50cm clothes from Kiki-chans :lol:
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Tira-chan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:Yea, I make my own as well. Some tips for sewers are getting Build-a-Bear skirts and taking them in. Sometimes you can get two skirts out of 1 LOL. Also any patterns for SD, if you shrink them to 85% will give you a great starting point for the 50cm. Or upsize an MSD pattern about 10%. You still need to tweak them a bit, but it is an excellent beginning point.

Yeah, I've sewn her quite a few outfits, but it takes me a long time to finish them. I've been using the Undead Threads patterns - the 85% works pretty well, though the boxers were still a bit big. I didn't have to scale up the MSD pattern I used (the a-line dress), and it looks like it will fit well, but I wanted it a bit shorter than it was probably intended to be. It's going to be a TOS Star Trek uniform. :mrgreen:
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Tira-chan wrote:
Greyhaunt wrote:Yea, I make my own as well. Some tips for sewers are getting Build-a-Bear skirts and taking them in. Sometimes you can get two skirts out of 1 LOL. Also any patterns for SD, if you shrink them to 85% will give you a great starting point for the 50cm. Or upsize an MSD pattern about 10%. You still need to tweak them a bit, but it is an excellent beginning point.

Yeah, I've sewn her quite a few outfits, but it takes me a long time to finish them. I've been using the Undead Threads patterns - the 85% works pretty well, though the boxers were still a bit big. I didn't have to scale up the MSD pattern I used (the a-line dress), and it looks like it will fit well, but I wanted it a bit shorter than it was probably intended to be. It's going to be a TOS Star Trek uniform. :mrgreen:

OMG - if it works you have to let me know! My 50cm Josephine is totally into cosplay and I'd LOVE to make her a TOS Star Trek Uniforum! Damn, now I need to mug a Marge Simpson doll to get a blue beehive wig so she can look like Yeoman Rand :lol: :lol: :lol:
Greyhaunt

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:20 pm

You know, a mohair wig and a hella lot of hair gel will give you a Yeoman Rand wig. If you wanted to make it even more permanent, instead of hair gel use liquid starch and just sculpt the thing.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby zirconmermaid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:03 am

I am scaling up the original patterns from the Star Trek Technical Manual, When I find the right size I can post it if you like :) The little tie tacs you can get are just right for insignia too.

Also - the Goodreau MSD clothes fit fairly well. And Gracefaerie Designs, who make patterns, have one which is the perfect size! #44 Seasons for Seola - Dollstown Seola

Dollstown Seola on Dollstown Elf body
Height: 53cm
Bust: 19cm
Waist: 16cm
Hips: 22.5cm
Hips over the ball joints: 23.5cm

She probably has other that would fit or would be adjustable too. I was able to try her model garments on Peri so I know how well this one fits!

Greyhaunt wrote:
Tira-chan wrote:

OMG - if it works you have to let me know! My 50cm Josephine is totally into cosplay and I'd LOVE to make her a TOS Star Trek Uniforum! Damn, now I need to mug a Marge Simpson doll to get a blue beehive wig so she can look like Yeoman Rand :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale