Go to footer

Show me your Obitsu heads!

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Re: Show me your Obitsu heads!

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu May 05, 2011 6:30 am

Seedring! *turns Megu-Chun away from the monitor and then dies*
His eye shape is right for a certain him

Oh and Misheru. Midori and unnamed gal looks lovely
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby landwhale » Thu May 05, 2011 10:01 am

whoa I've never seen a seedring before. Was he a special edition? The only similar one I know is the Ares.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby TheHighlander » Thu May 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Misheru wrote:I think Highlander has more pics of Rio of his computer. I will see if we can post more tomorrow.

Rio is fleshtone, large bust and Rina is white skintone with the regular bust (actually she is sporting a Dollfie Dream medium bust right now). One has the slide joints and the other has the ball-joints, but right at moment...I cannot remember which one is which without looking at them (they are in the bedroom). :)

We will post more photos tomorrow. They are the newest Obitsu girls in the house, so I am sure they will be happy to pose for pics.

Can you tell we like the anime, "RIO - Rainbow Gate"? :lol:

That head is the largest of the Obitsu heads and takes larger eyes (18mm generally). It also takes larger wigs - standard SD and Dollfie Dream sized wigs. It has been easier for her to swap out stuff with all of the Dollfie Dream girls.

More tomorrow!

Both of these girls were rebuilds.

Rina's body was originally a 55 cm male body that just wasn't quite working out. In the flick of an eye, and with a couple of replacement joints, and a new abdomen (white) and Dollfie Dream chest, we had a 60cm female with sliding joints on our hands. Rina actually uses a 60cm slim abdomen (from the slimmer ball joint) which fits much better with the DD chest piece. The head had a face-up already, but Misheru made some major enhancements, and Rina was born, to stand along side Rio.

Rio arrived in pieces without a head and no chest. One of her shoulder joints was apparently frozen (actually it was broken), the inner skeleton T-pieces were cracked and loose - I still need to replace the central piece between them. One of the sockets for the arms in the upper torso joint was very loose and the legs were loose. I already had a large bust, white skintone, but very well blushed - so much so it color matched. I purchased a fleshtone head - decided on the original Obitsu one instead of a Haruka, I couldn't find a fleshtone Gretel. I also purchased replacement shoulder joints and the hip joints to tighten up the legs. I had a white skintone upper torso joint piece, so I didn't purchase a replacement for the existing one. I purchased a normal soft body abdomen in flesh, even though she has the ball jointed legs and arms. It goes better with the large Obitsu bust, the regular slim abdomen for the ball joint girls leaves a very large and obvious gap with a large bust.

So, I took off the hip joints and replaced them only to find that the waist joint that they attach to has a different method of attaching than the new joints. the new ones need the waist joint to have the two grooves on each peg for the legs to attack to, you pop them home. The older kind uses a single groove nearer the 'hub' of the joint, so the new hip joints don't fit - for now. I put the old ones back and made sure to tighten the joints as much as possible before assembly - it's better, but not right. The abdomen and chest fit perfectly with only a little color difference on the neck. The inner skeleton was rebuilt in a patchwork of flesh colored and white pieces - but it works. I used a tension ring from an old damaged joint piece to help the upper torso joint to work better with the arms, it provided just a smidge of additional tightness in the joint (I've done the same thing on another lady with a loose arm now, it helps, but is not perfect). The head has a large circular hole for the neck piece, which is different to the ones I am used to with the Gretel, Haruka, Sheba and Megu heads. For now, I used an old style neck piece that appears to fit well enough, but I'm not 100% sure. Once all her joints were repaired or replaced, and her new abdomen was mated to the chest piece, she took shape.

The funny thing is, that I had the name for her - Rio - before anything else. Misheru did such a great job on the face-up, and her character is still evolving in my head. But she's a fun girl that is concerned more for others than herself. She's one of those people that appears to be care free, but is actually quite concerned about the things going on around her. Her bright eyes maybe permanent, unless I can find another set that appeal more.

Can you tell I enjoy re-making or re-building these ladies to give them new life?
TheHighlander
~{Proud Dollieh-Daddieh}~
I like my dolliehs a lot.
Actually, I like my dolliehs more than I like a lot of people I know in real life.
Is that bad? I think not!
TheHighlander
Dolly Pardon

Postby K2! » Thu May 05, 2011 6:01 pm

landwhale wrote:whoa I've never seen a seedring before. Was he a special edition? The only similar one I know is the Ares.

Actually the Seedring was released and sold out long before I got into the vinyl racket. You can hear some of those who have collected vinyl longer than I have moan and swoon at the mere mention of the name. Being able to read Japanese would probably answer a few more questions but as near as I can piece together, the Seedring was a custom sculpt done as a promotional piece by an artist who, among other things, sculpts full size store mannequins. On the Seedring site there are pictures and sketches for the doll and the full size mannequin. It was manufactured by Obitsu in a limited quantity (number unknown) and it's internal components appear to be the same as those of the Obitsu 55/60cm bodies. All the exterior vinyl is a custom sculpt, the parts of which cover a lot of the joints. This severely limits the range of motion on many joints. Apparently the overall look of the body overrode all other considerations. As this was a custom commission, I'm sure all rights to the body/sculpt belong to Seedring, not to Obitsu so I don't expect to see these produced ever again.
Like the Seedring, the Ares head was a custom commission but it's producer (Parabox) is fortunately in the doll business so I expect the Ares to be available for many years to come.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Misheru » Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:....

Oh and Misheru. Midori and unnamed gal looks lovely

Thank you very much. :)
=^,...,^= MISHERU >^.^<
~ The *M* share of the H&M House of Vinyl ~
Misheru
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Thu May 05, 2011 11:41 pm

@TheHighlander and K2!: Wow! You two are chuck-full of information. Highlander you give your dolls a lot of love and care. <3
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby landwhale » Thu May 05, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks guys! Man...LE huh....I do like Ares but I dont think my SD girls will be seeing an SD boy anytime soon. Cerise, my floating Gretel (I just bought her a new body) is the type to wear all sorts of wigs and change her eyes out all the time....Just my luck. I wasn't even considering getting her a body at all. She was just supposed to be a practice head darn it all. I thought she would be nice and sweet...but it turns out shes bossy and loud and demanding...ow!...and violent!

BTW K2, Your Visuadolls are beautiful!

The Pic is old because she got wiped. She's getting a new face once the MSC comes in...It's me against UPS. If they win, I wont be able to give Cerise a new face for another week or so.

Cerise's old face. (Parabox Gretel)

BTW, the closed eye head for 55cm body from Obitsu is gorgeous~
http://parabox.jp/obitsu/B-HEAD/55HD-F01W.html
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Evelien » Fri May 06, 2011 1:17 am

I looooove Cerise. Her face-up is stunning..!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Fri May 06, 2011 8:38 am

I feel terrible that I can't unsee Cerise's head on a 1/6 body. :C
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Fri May 06, 2011 8:59 am

landwhale wrote:BTW K2, Your Visuadolls are beautiful!

Thanks. The only credit I can take is for putting hair and eyes on them. Those are the factory face ups.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale