Go to footer

AoD 58cm Girl

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

AoD 58cm Girl

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Anyone have one of these little SDs? I'm ordering one and am wondering how easy it is to find clothing and shoes for her. Can she wear normal 1/3 sized clothing and shoes? (I'll admit to being completely confounded by all the different SD sizes.) Or will I be religated to custom outfits like slim MSDs.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: AoD 58cm Girl

Postby K2! » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Buying clothes for the bigger dolls is just like buying clothes for real people, except there is no "standardized sizes". It's like everything is simply labeled "adult size" and its up to you to find out if it fits adult basketball players or adult horse racing jockeys.

Try starting with some of the basic measurements and find other dolls that are close in size. For example, I have Obitsus. I've found out by comparing measurements, and a little trial and error, that Dollfie Dream clothes will fit them, sort of. DD hips are wider and their legs are longer so I know dresses will fit (but not necessarily be the correct length) and things like pants (that fit tight) are very iffy. Like wise I know that the standard Volks SD clothes are very big and won't fit with out alteration and there are a couple of Dollmore dolls that are "in the ballpark".

Shoes.
This is my standard rant. Buy shoes that fit. Don't waste your money on any old "SD" sized shoes just because you like the style. It won't matter how cool a style they are if they look like your little girl is wearing her "mom's shoes". Find out the foot length of your doll and only buy shoes from places that will tell you the inner length of the shoes. I've got a drawer full of expensive doll shoes that don't fit because at first I thought all SD sized shoes were the same. Also if they fit well they won't hamper her standing ability.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby JanetT » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 pm

Gracefaerie patterns has a sizing chart -- she tells you the exact model of doll and basic measurements each pattern was designed for, and some of the patterns are available for more than one size/build of doll.

http://www.gracefaerie.com/patterns/sizing.html

Some patterns I've gotten have separate pieces marked distinctly for "Obitsu" or "Rainy" or "AoD" or "Lishe" -- usually pieces that are more fitted. Skirt yokes that accommodate the waist/hip measurements are where this comes in useful, because that's one place these girls do have a range of size/proportions.

Ditto what K2! said about shoes, and checking inside length -- it will save you a lot of annoyances!

Fortunately a lot of outfits are forgiving -- but if you're thinking of something fitted, like a corset or jeans, etc., that isn't basically stretchy -- check measurements or wait until you have the doll (She can always wear something looser at first...)
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Oh, I sooooo understand about the shoes. My Mei, Lorilei, is basically shoeless for now because every single pair I bought her (half of which now resides with GrayHaunt's girls - lol!) were too big. Even the ones touted as being for the smaller MSDs . . . so yeah . . . I'll be paying attention to cm's for the next couple of months until she arrives home.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:00 pm

I think Karl should have a Marketplace shoe sale. What say the rest of you?
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby leopardessmoon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:53 am

yeah....shoes....my BBB ariel is on a RS body and I resorted to makeing her some shoes. luckily, they turned out nice. but then I traded them away. I need to make more
leopardessmoon

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 am

victoriavictrix wrote:I think Karl should have a Marketplace shoe sale. What say the rest of you?

Second! All in favor say "aye"! (Or an "Accessories" shoe sale here)
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby cirquemom » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:34 am

The bobobie kittycat shoes fit bobobie/resinsoul girls. Also, with the smaller dolls, wearing socks or even stuffing the shoe a bit can help.
Mary the Doll~ New book by the author of Resin Life~ now available on amazon.com :
http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Doll-Wendy-R ... 300188200/Image
cirquemom
Snarky Princess

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale