Go to footer

DDDY obitsu hybrid

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

DDDY obitsu hybrid

Postby dogs0813 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi! I'm back! I was thinking about this earlier. I was wondering if it's possible to put a DDDY bust on a obitsu body. It's not something I was planning on doing right away, I'm just curious. Thanks!
dogs0813

Re: DDDY obitsu hybrid

Postby Tira-chan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 am

Yes! Anna Marie, the pink-haired girl in the first picture is a 47cm Obitsu with a DDDY bust, at least at the time this was written up.
Tira-chan
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby K2! » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:04 am

dogs0813 wrote:Hi! I'm back! I was thinking about this earlier. I was wondering if it's possible to put a DDDY bust on a obitsu body. It's not something I was planning on doing right away, I'm just curious. Thanks!

As Tira-chan pointed out, the DDDy bust will fit on the 47/55/60cm Obitsu bodies. There are a couple of caveats.
1) The transition between the circumference of the bust and the torso isn't the smoothest, but under most clothing it doesn't show.
2) The necks on the Dollfie Dream busts are longer than their Obitsu counterparts. On the 55cm and 60cm bodies it isn't as noticeable but on the 47cm body I found trimming a few millimeters off the top looked better proportionally. The Obitsu neck piece will fit (very) snugly in the DD neck vinyl, however it may not connect to the neck attachment peg on the chest part. The vinyl is still thick enough to support the weight of the head without any drooping problems, but you will lose a little posability with the neck part and chest part not connected.
3) The Dollfie Dream body is slightly narrower at the shoulders. With the DD busts on the Obitsu skeleton, the chest part is too wide and with the arms pushed all the way in there will still be a little gap between the shoulder vinyl and the shoulder ball joint. This can be remedied by cutting a few millimeters off of the arm receiving tubes on the chest part. With both arms pushed all the way in, measure the gap between the upper arm ball and the shoulder vinyl on both sides. Take note the skeleton will be a little loose and move side to side inside the bust vinyl. Add the two measurements (they should be about the same), divide in half and cut this amount off each of the chest piece receiving tubes.

If you are looking for that "push up bra" effect, you might just hang on a bit and get the new DD2 shapely bust (DDII-B-04) once it hits North America. The DD2 busts have a smaller bottom circumference than the DDDy busts and transition to the Obitsu torsos better. As always, Volks normal skin is the closest match to Obitsu white skin.
http://www.volks.co.jp/en/purchase/inde ... OPP-BTS004
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Sixoclock » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:12 am

The DDII-B-04 is currently available from Volks USA. :3

http://www.volksusa.com/ddop0052.html
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Postby dogs0813 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Thank you! I'm still trying to decide if I want my first 1/3 scale girl to be a obitsu or a dd, but I'm leaning towards obitsu at the moment and if I do get one I think I will get the dd2 shapely bust. Thank you!
dogs0813

Postby Sixoclock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:48 am

Hmmm kinda makes me wish I had ordered that bust when I purchased my 06 head. >_> Ugh!! Oh well. My funds have been cut off for now anyway after adopting Janeway's girly. ^__^
Sixoclock
the walls have dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale