Go to footer

A little Seiki love.

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

A little Seiki love.

Postby kiki-chan78 » Mon May 31, 2010 4:11 pm

Woot! Who doesn't love Seiki? Sweet, shy and indecisive. What's not to love? Better posing ability might've been nice, but not every doll can be an obitsu. Wait, he used to be obitsu... anyway, I lurves me my Seiki. ^///^

Here's Seiki showing off v.1 of a hakama pattern that I'm beating my head against. Don't ask, being as special as I usually am, there's a couple of fiddly things being done (like french seams) that if knocked out would prolly make my life easier. Also, there are some visible threads/fraying visible in some of the shots... that's from the side-seam, which on the next version will be french seamed as well to avoid the sloppy appearance it's currently giving me.

The kimono is borrowed. Normally I wouldn't put Seiki into a furisode kimono; Omi of course gets shoved into just about everything frilly and girly that's around. At some point Seiki is going to get his own kimono and hakama set, I've already got the fabric, it's just something that's been on the back burner for over a year now.

Blargh, on to photos!!!!

And to show off the belt... that I don't want to think about folding, ironing, folding again, ironing again... and finally sewing so that the dang thing ended up being 1/4 in wide. ^.~

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: A little Seiki love.

Postby leopardessmoon » Mon May 31, 2010 9:29 pm

woot! your work is awsome.
what is the definition of a french seam? (my jargon is rusty)
leopardessmoon

Postby kiki-chan78 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:05 pm

thanks!

French seams are when the raw edge is encased within the fabric so that it doesn't unravel or fray. Check out the illustration:

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Seiki-san is a cutie! What is he now since he's no longer Obitsu?
MidoriKurogami

Postby kiki-chan78 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:55 pm

Seiki is now a 60cm Dollzone Hirry. He's really a great doll, and poses pretty nicely for a resin BJD; I just complain too much. ^///^

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:49 am

Seiki looks great! :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby leopardessmoon » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 am

ah.....thanks for the awsome diagram!....>.>....I just call those doubleover seams....I taught myself to sew and never was exposed to the lexicon.
leopardessmoon

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale