Go to footer

Kaguya Arrives Home! (Pic HEAVY!)

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Kaguya Arrives Home! (Pic HEAVY!)

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:52 pm

It was a lovely but hot Saturday this past weekend, and we had company. We were all standing around chatting when I heard the tiniest of knocks on the door. When I answered it I saw no one there, so I took a look outside...

...And look who I found hiding in the rosebushes!

With all that blue, trying to hide behind red is decidedly not very ninja.

"Hello!...Um...I was too short to reach the doorbell..."

I think I kind of snuck up on her.

She seemed very fascinated by the roses.

"So lovely..."

She looked a bit startled when she finally spotted me.

I'm not sure why this one won't rotate properly...x.x

She had this pretty red hope chest that she claimed her ride from the airport had carried to the door for her. She made jin bring it in.

Poor lil' fella; he hasn't even had his carpal tunnel surgery yet, but he could never say no to such a pretty face! :lol:

"Geeeruph!...Giant woman...Arrrrfph!...Should bring her own..Hurrrglblpf!...Things in..."

She giggled and told him he was 'precious', which made him zip it. She then sat down to rest on top of her chest and my book box with Mocha in her lap.

After looking around a bit and deciding she wanted my blue sword as her own, she then climbed on top of the Ningyo's case with Mocha in tow, which made Ningyo decidedly disgruntled. To which, she giggled.

"Hehe, hi! <3 Please pardon the grumpy little man below me..." (This one didn't rotate like it should, either...)

She and Mocha haven't let each other out of their respective sights much this weekend; I think it's adjustment to a new home jitters. She has taken to poking fun at Jin; She was pestering him the entire time he was resting after somehow managing to get her hope chest onto my desk...

"Ohh...my back..."

She seems to be adjusting well. Since she's the only 60cm here right now, she's definitely queen of the castle!

... ... ...

Okay, so here's what really happened:

It was incredibly hot on Saturday and our company had just arrived. Our roommate was out back, grilling, and my fiance and I were showing our guest around and getting him settled. At 5 past noon, the doorbell rang; my sweetie answered it and signed for this GIGUNDOUS box.

Labels blurred because they photographed incredibly, legibly well.

I had to wait an hour and a half to open her up and when I did, we still had company (whom actually stayed until three in the morning! XD). I just knew she was suffocating in there!

First layer of packing; if you purchase something from ZirconMermaid, know that it will come packed incredibly well!

Second layer of packing; lots of fun bubblewrap! ^^

It took me a while to get all the packing peanuts (called 'ghost turds' in my family) out and down to the bubblewrap. By the time I had scooped them out, they filled a grocery bag!

Another label; Zircon is thorough in making sure the right lil' person goes to the right place! :D

The next few will be a little wonky; did the best I could manning the camera with the box on my lap! My fiance was busy entertaining our guest and couldn't help.

I unwrapped the bubblewrap and was surprised by the size and weight of her box. It's very lovely! ^^

I then proceeded to open it up and found her to be VERY well wrapped.

"Help! We're suffocating in here! And I think Pocky is melting onto my bum..."

I took the bubblewrap off and just had to go 'aww'; Zircon had packed her, clutching mocha, and it was just too cute.

"Hi there! Can we come out now?"

Then I set her atop the Ningyo's case so we could take a look at her goodies.

^^

Kimono, obi, book, stand and leg parts, as well as gray cushion.

Before she was completely unpacked; Had to get a shot of those cute little snacks!

I then put her box together and placed all her extras in a pretty red Japanese box I have, save for Mocha, her stand and Shirahime, which I read early the next morning. It's very sad but the artwork is stunning. Leave it to CLAMP, amIrite?

Taking a break on my desk and surrounded by good company, though many of them are not in the shot. :mrgreen: Again, this one didn't rotate. x.x

Thanks again Zircon; she's adored! ^^ Even my roommates like her!

*Edit* I also wanted to mention that I love how her lip color matches the roses! ^^
Last edited by MidoriKurogami on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MidoriKurogami

Re: Kaguya Arrives Home! (Pic HEAVY!)

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Oooh, she's gorgeous! And I love your photos!! So striking!!!! Nice!!!! I love her!! Zirconmermaid-san is sooooooooo generous and kind!!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos!!!!

God bless!!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:51 pm

XD Arigato Setsuna-san! ^^ Zircon has been so patient and awesome through the whole process, including answering my fifty million questions!

Kaguya is just so photogenic that I don't see a photo with her in it not turning out well! I knew even before she got here that I wanted to get photos of her in the roses. They turned out better than I had even thought to hope for!

Namaste & Blessings! ^^
MidoriKurogami

Postby kiki-chan78 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:32 pm

Wah! I'm really gonna miss being able to see Kaguya... but I'm really glad that she's in a home where she is loved. I'm also a little sad that I never got a chance to grab her to re-do the face-up like I wanted. XD

*sigh* She is such a pretty girl. You are really lucky to have gotten her. ^____^

<3

-Kiki-chan78.
kiki-chan78
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:47 pm

kiki-chan78 wrote:Wah! I'm really gonna miss being able to see Kaguya... but I'm really glad that she's in a home where she is loved. I'm also a little sad that I never got a chance to grab her to re-do the face-up like I wanted. XD

*sigh* She is such a pretty girl. You are really lucky to have gotten her. ^____^

<3

-Kiki-chan78.

Thank you, Kiki-Chan! I just love her to bits. ^_____^ You may just get the chance; her blushing needs a bit of a touch-up, so I may have you redo the faceup how you envisioned it as well, though she's just as pretty as she can be! XD

Thanks again! ^^
MidoriKurogami

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm

She looks so happy! I'm glad she is settling in nicely, and your photographs are wonderful! Kiki-chan78 is also responsible for the tiny treats, I'm glad you like them. Everything I learned about packing dolls, I learned from Emory at Junkyspot. Including that all dolls must come with Pocky! Have you discovered that she can actually sit correctly in kimono yet? And your roses are beautiful!

ZM
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:14 pm

Hehe, thanks to both you and Kiki-Chan, then! ^^ I like that tradition! Pocky is one of my favorite tings in the world, and both my roommate and I squee'd when we saw the tiny Pocky!

I have discovered she sits nicely in kimono! I also discovered my kimono-dressing skills are lacking next to yours; I undressed her to get an idea of how all her joints work, and had to re-dress her twice before I thought she looked presentable again. x.x The indoor photos are the before; the outdoor ones are after, I'm still not entirely happy with the way her collar is sitting, haha.

I'm happy that she seems happy here! She's certainly popular! (my roommates are smart enough not to touch. ;) )
MidoriKurogami

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:45 pm

zirconmermaid wrote: And your roses are beautiful!

ZM

I almost missed this. x.x Thank you! They were actually here when we got here, and haven't really been maintained. I'm going to start caring for them; my roommates don't have the time and I practically grew up in a garden! I do need to get my own rosebush in the ground though; it's a beautiful red, like the ones pictured with Kaguya. ^^
MidoriKurogami

Postby maywong » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Congrats on getting your new girl. Jin is doing pretty well pushing that box around considering he is not in the best of shape. :roll:
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby MidoriKurogami » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 pm

maywong wrote:Congrats on getting your new girl. Jin is doing pretty well pushing that box around considering he is not in the best of shape. :roll:

Thank you! ^^

In reguards to Jin... :roll: :lol:

XD
MidoriKurogami

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale