Go to footer

Suggestions on 1/3 Size Doll Choices

SD, Obitsu, freaky goaty footed SOOM, Hounds, all the big kids in the 50 to 72cm range

Suggestions on 1/3 Size Doll Choices

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I am thinking about getting a 1/3 size female doll. I've found a couple I'm really interested in, but am unfamiliar with the different manufactures out there. What are y'all's thoughts on Angel of Dream, Fantasy Doll and a new company called 5Star Doll? I can't go more than about $300 unless I want to take 2 years to save up - and I guarantee that in that time frame I'll change my mind on a favorite a dozen times at least! LOL!

Thoughts?
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: Suggestions on 1/3 Size Doll Choices

Postby Itsaiya » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I've heard a lot of good things from owners about AOD, good posing, good solid resin, good price, newer and better face ups as of these days, etc...
I haven't heard much on Fantasy Doll, though, and never heard of 5Star doll o_o Do you have a URL on that one? I'm curious as to what they have... *Shouldn't look..... but will =x :lol:*
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:35 pm

right now 5Star Doll only has 27cm and 1/4 size dolls, but I understand they will be launching their 1/3 size this summer. http://www.5stardoll.com/ You have no idea how hard it is for me not to buy one of those 27cm elflets! Ack! Sooooo cute!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Itsaiya » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Not bad o.o I like the look of their Lucas.... finally, dolls that don't all look like they're frowning/emoing :lol:

Mia is so cute.... kinda wanna pinch her cheeks and give her candy D:
Akihito [DZ Yuu], Red [ED Red], Sweetpea [DF Popo], Apollo [BBB Apollo], Reli [B&G Sharon], (phoenix) Efriete [B&G Afra], (human) Efriete [Migidoll Miho], Seth [Migidoll Ryu], Horus [Obitsu 50cm].

Do want: DR Xiao chi [as Xieu]; DOD Luke v2 [as Daven]; DIM Rain [as Rain]
Itsaiya
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Itsaiya wrote:Mia is so cute.... kinda wanna pinch her cheeks and give her candy D:

Yeah, she has such an adorable pout!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Greyhaunt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:35 pm

wierd....Cirquemom has a 1/3 doll she bought from 5-star over a year ago. Maybe they discontinued that line and are relaunching it. Mommieh also has a 1/3 AoD, so I say corner her about what she likes/doesn't about each :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby britbrat18 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 pm

It's not 1/3 scale but I do have an AOD Chen. He poses really well actually, well compared to my BBB anyway. He stands well, and was able to stand right out of the box. But the sculpts are really nice, and the resin is really smooth, and has a nice weight and feel to it. Not that it matters, but all dolls from them come with a pair of glass eyes, and undies. I've heard good things about Fantasy Doll, but I don't own one, though, I've never heard of 5star.
Kratos Aurion (AOD Chen), Anna Aurion (Modified RS Mei), , Lloyd Aurion(Modified Felix Brownie, and AOD Le Le) Usagi Chiba (Modified RS Ju), Mamoru Chiba (RS Mai)
britbrat18
the walls have dolliehs

Postby JanetT » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:37 pm

A friend of mine has a AoD girl, and she is beautiful -- her posing is really nice, she's sturdy (she gets carried around a lot) and the sculpt has a lot of nice details. If I was looking for another resin 1/3 girl, I'd definitely consider an AoD sculpt.
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:21 am

I suggest cornering Kiki-chan78 too. I think she has had her hands on both AoD females and Fantasy Doll females. She got her sister a Fantasy Doll for Christmas, and it was really nice, so I would say that it's a good choice too. I am a confirmed Emory/Junkyspot pusher, so I would recommend AoD. If I were you I would look at their faces and see which one makes you want her.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:31 am

I'd rather get my doll from Emory, also, but he tends to get either full sets or ones with factory faceups and I'm looking for a blank one so if I can get him to special order one for me that will work. (Right now I can't get him to reply to a few emails for a BBB Bei I'd like to get.)

My dream doll would be DZ Celine, but she's way out of my price range for now (although Emory's price is the best I've seen). For Angel of Dreams, my favorite girl is Qian. For Fantasy Doll, it's Nina. Totally different looks! LOL!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1/3 Scale