Go to footer

1/5 Scale help please~!

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

1/5 Scale help please~!

Postby sprite-kitty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello! Thank you for accepting me to this forum. I hope someone can help me as I am pulling my hair out! lol. I have this Original Effect Reborn v.2 body that I love, the head I hate. I want an anime head for it but I can't find ANY place to find one for that scale. 1/6 is too small (I tried Obitsu 27cm head). And the BJD YoSD heads (which would be ideal size) aren't the anime style! Any help is appreciated! If you know Fairyland BJDs, the body is VERY much like their Chic-line.Image
sprite-kitty
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: 1/5 Scale help please~!

Postby Greyhaunt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm not terribly familiar with this body at all - but have you looked at the Mini Pullip dolls? They have larger heads on tiny bodies and they are definitely anime...I'm just not sure if the size will still be too small.

And you are very welcome to the forum - we're happy to have new people!
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby sprite-kitty » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Greyhaunt wrote:I'm not terribly familiar with this body at all - but have you looked at the Mini Pullip dolls? They have larger heads on tiny bodies and they are definitely anime...I'm just not sure if the size will still be too small.

And you are very welcome to the forum - we're happy to have new people!

I did look into them but I think they are also more 27cm. I really couldn't find much on them in telling their size. I also noticed "Mini Pullips" but I think they're the same?

Thanks for the welcome~! (:
sprite-kitty
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby K2! » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 am

Dolls smaller than 1/3 scale aren't my thing, but Parabox has a lot of useful information on customization. Click through their custom doll info box.
http://parabox.jp/eng_new/custom_doll_info/
http://parabox.jp/eng_new/custom_doll_i ... _want.html
http://parabox.jp/eng_new/custom/puri2.html
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:37 am

If this is anything like a taller version of a BBI cygirl or a TTL or a ZCgirl.
I would recommend getting Obitsu heads for males
-Slim Male M02 and maybe the Parabox Ares and Miroku. I would have dig out my Ares to try on my Amazons (BBI and TTL). If you can get 1/6 Volks go for the Neo Goh bishi male rooted hair heads.

For some reason I find the default cygirl heads to be to edgy on the cheekbones while the vinyl Obitsu and Volks seem softer. There's a couple of folks here who had painted rather feminine/bishie heads out of the abovementioned heads (KDbunchanumbers and Pandor comes to mind)

Mine are more towards androgynous/butch/biker babe/Amazon look(blame Sarah Bryant and Zealot of wildcats)...
Sliver hair Zannah is M02 and streaky hair Erisa is Volks Neo Goh 03

If M02 and Neo Goh 3 aren't big enough, try M01 and Neo Goh 1 or even Bratz /Monster /Ever after High heads
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Tasuke » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am

i think either of the TSUKUDA HOBBY 1/5 ToHeart dolls have heads that would be scaled quite well, but in any case would probably end up looking aesthetically awkward when mated to a voluptuous, "mature" body design such as that...

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby sprite-kitty » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Thank you all for the help and advice! I will investigate all these possibilities~
sprite-kitty
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:58 am

Not my pic but this person tried a bunch of heads on it and it seems Yo-SD heads are a decent fit heh
https://www.flickr.com/photos/73943431@N07/15317779144/
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ShadowKat » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:31 pm

I can't help much in the way of heads, but I've been interested in this body for a while (ever since I saw the Army Attractive line of OEs. Hasuyike Sunayuki is just amazing) and I have a question about it, if you don't mind?

I read somewhere that the torso is soft, like a Hot Toys body. Usually in pictures soft torsos have a different sheen from their hard plastic arm and leg parts, and none of the pictures I've seen of the body have that, so I've been skeptical. Plus, there aren't any good reviews out for these ladies that I can find.

So, is the torso soft? Or does it have a hard bust and stomach?
ShadowKat
Dolly Pardon

Postby sprite-kitty » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Kd_Bunchanumbers wrote:Not my pic but this person tried a bunch of heads on it and it seems Yo-SD heads are a decent fit heh
https://www.flickr.com/photos/73943431@N07/15317779144/

Yes, I looked at their pictures a lot before I even bought this doll. But, resin head isn't in my price range and can't be used for what I want. Although, I think I found something (pics soon).

ShadowKat wrote:I can't help much in the way of heads, but I've been interested in this body for a while (ever since I saw the Army Attractive line of OEs. Hasuyike Sunayuki is just amazing) and I have a question about it, if you don't mind?

I read somewhere that the torso is soft, like a Hot Toys body. Usually in pictures soft torsos have a different sheen from their hard plastic arm and leg parts, and none of the pictures I've seen of the body have that, so I've been skeptical. Plus, there aren't any good reviews out for these ladies that I can find.

So, is the torso soft? Or does it have a hard bust and stomach?

Yes, it is soft! I read from that flickr user before (one quoted above) that it actually was stained trying on a dark top so after I got mine I sprayed her with a matte sealant to prevent such. The torso joint doesn't really have any movement, kinda seems pointless to have it. She can twist to the sides a little and bent forward juuuust a bit. Def' a doll for looks rather than posing. But I love it. Her feet didn't rest on her ankles right either, so I had to snip some of the pegs off and that fixed it.
sprite-kitty
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials