Go to footer

Disney Animators Collection

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Disney Animators Collection

Postby babytarragon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 pm

There must be collectors somewhere on this forum?

There are some absolutely incredible repaints on IG and Flickr, so I've ordered Snow White and Pocahontas to repaint :D

Spam anyone? :3

The only thing I don't like about the Animator dolls is I feel like Tiana could have been cuter. They made her face so thin, all the other Animator girls have been given podgy toddler faces and they've made her face even thinner than her adult version!! Her eyes seem a bit too slanted as well compared to original Tiana.
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Disney Animators Collection

Postby Nightwitch_Neko » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 am

I have a Kristoff and my roommate has Pocahontas. We haven't customized them or anything, but they were too cute not to have!
I really, really want them to come out with a Peter Pan! Or more Peter Pan merch in general...
Someday I'll take the dive into repainting one for myself(Peter Pan), but I'm not even close to being finished with other projects, so it will be a long time waiting XD

Make sure you spam your repaints when you get them/work on them/finish them! :'D

Edit:
Got a pic of mine; gotta say I was a might disappointed he had sculpted hair instead of rooted hair like all the girls got... But still adorable X'3
It's all fun and games until someone loses their mind...
Nightwitch_Neko
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby babytarragon » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 am

He's really cute!

I'm debating whether to order a Tiana I've seen on eBay to try and make her cuter. But I'm worried removing the paint will discolor her >_<
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Nightwitch_Neko » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Has anyone done any customizations of her before that would have any suggestions about the method of removal? Or if it did discolor her would it be possible to blush or paint her back to her original color?
It's all fun and games until someone loses their mind...
Nightwitch_Neko
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby babytarragon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am

I could only find one custom Tiana in one photo that's supposedly from a Thai site but I can't find it on their site at all XD

When I custom tan Blythe I find that using a glossier sealant tends to calm down any white bloom. Though Tiana seems to be made of particularly strongly coloured plastic... Haven't seen her in person yet so can't comment on whether it's a realistic skin tone or not though.

If I try at least it will provide reference pics for others :3
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby babytarragon » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 am

Here's my first attempts at making custom Disney dolls ^^

My Snow White turned out to be a fake. boo. But she's still cute. Her paint was super stubborn and I had to actually sand her face to get rid of it all!
ImageSnow White by Georgie, on Flickr

My second attempt was Aurora and as a genuine doll she was much easier to work with! Although the sealant went so shiny on her vinyl lol.
ImageAurora by Georgie, on Flickr
babytarragon
i see dead dolliehs

Postby werepuppy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Haven't tried any custom work, but here are my three girls:

werepuppy
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials