Go to footer

Dolls you wish you had or kept

That is a dollieh?
OMG, THAT IS A DOLLIEHS? THOSE ARE ALL DOLLIEHS!

Dolls you wish you had or kept

Postby DollyKim » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:06 am

Is there a doll you always wish you had or one you did have and no longer do? What about ones you wish you didn't get?

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and tell myself not to give away Darci's friend Dana. I'll always miss being able to get one of Eve Studio's tarantulas. As for not playing with them there's a bucket full of action figures...
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Dolls you wish you had or kept

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

Wish I kept
Possibly my Cat-ra and She-ra action figures that were thrown away, some days I suspect Helen and Erisa were channeling them in terms of looks. Erika will never admit to influence by Glimmer (Never!!! She claims the Lady Lovely Locks connections since I never own Glimmer. Jack claims he has no connections to He-man, his looks came from another 80s cartoon dude).

Wish I had
I wanted Lady Lovely Locks and Lady Raven Waves badly (said Usagi Sisters claim influence) but never found them. Ended up with Barbie and the whole Tri-Barbie vs Plushie(The OCs that are here have strong 80s roots since they were around back then) wars.

Frankly 80s cartoon is probably the reason why my female dolls have funky color hair. :lol: :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:49 pm

My Fairyland F65 Roke. I needed funds so I sold him recently, because I knew he'd go fast, and he did. But I didn't want to sell him. I wish I'd have held onto him and sold another doll, instead. Especially since I recently saw him back up for sale by the same woman who'd bought him, with his beautiful faceup completely wiped. If she wasn't charging more than I'd sold him for, and if she hadn't destroyed his perfect faceup and was keeping the eyes I'd sent with him, I'd make an attempt to buy him back, especially since Fairyland had discontinued his sculpt.

I'm just glad I DIDN'T sell the custom-made kimono and discontinued horns like I'd originally planned. I'd probably never see either of those again. >__< I hope one say I'll find another Roke on the MP, and a seller who might possibly be willing to trade as opposed to sell. *sighs*
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby quidam » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:27 am

I wish I had kept my old Rainbow Brite doll. I hear that Hallmark is going to re-release a copy of the original, but it just won't be the same. It won't be mine.
I also wish I still had my 2 childhood Barbies. They went on to a better place: the lady across the street from me would fix up old Barbies and give them to kids in the hospital. But...sometimes I wish I had held onto them.
Oh, and the Madame Alexander Christmas doll I had in the gorgeous blue and silver dress. She always look great during the holidays.

I wish I had a Dollzone Alpha. Why did they discontinue him before I could aford him? :( I also wish I had a Dollshe Saint.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I wish I had the biggest Eve Studios cat in gray. I keep looking at him, but stringing him.....*shudders*.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Tealove » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:47 pm

It's hard for me to part with anything... but I do wish I still somehow still had my Holly Hobby and brown-haired lap sitter. They were so cuddly.
Tealove
Dolly Pardon

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:50 am

I bought a second-hand BW Puki Pukisha Al Hikmat Hidayah off the MP the first year I got into BJDs. I sold him to raise funds for another doll and I've regreted it ever since.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Arkinlae » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:29 am

I wish I had kept a couple of my Disney dolls. I had Megara Jasmine and Esmeralda and at some point got rid of them both. They would most likely need a rebody if I got them back as I really cant stand dolls without elbow or knee articulation now. I also wish I'd bought more Bleedung Edge Goth dolls as I've just learnt they're discontinued I'd kept putting them off thinking they'd always be around.
Doll Family: Dollfie Dream Mai Shiranui, Iplehouse Freezia, Luts Nanuri 07, Dollshe Van, Dollzone Ying.
Pullip Shinku 07, Dal Tinkerbell
Makie: Ragtag
Monster High Frankie, Draculaura, Lagoona, Venus, Spectra, Clawdia Wolf, Cleo, Gooliope, Mousecedes*
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter, *Doreen Mouse (Mousecedes custom) C.A. Cupid Thronecoming
Be Goth Doll Esperanza, Princess Ai
Dollikin Action Girl, 80s Sindy
Arkinlae
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Tasuke » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:52 pm

two personal Grails in 1/6 that i'd love to stumble upon someday at a reasonable price;

VOLKS "Hand Maid May" May;

TAKARA "Steel Angel Kurumi" Kurumi;

Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby TsukiNoKemuri » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:33 pm

Tasuke wrote:two personal Grails in 1/6 that i'd love to stumble upon someday at a reasonable price

Not sure if you'd consider it a "reasonable price", but a May is on Yahoo! Japan Auctions right now with five days remaining or a Buy It Now price.
http://smjsearch.com/cgi-bin/b.cgi?r125665659
The site of that link, Shopping Mall Japan, is a proxy/deputy service that I sometimes use. If you bid/buy through them, you'll end up paying a commission (in this case $15) plus the seller's shipping to SMJ's Japan warehouse, plus shipping from their US warehouse to you. (This can really inflate the list price of a very cheap item, typically doubles the price of something in the $20-$40 range, and increases expensive items somewhat less severely proportionate to price.) You also need to make an initial deposit with them, which (if you use PayPal) secures about 5 times that amount that you can then use to bid; depositing $50 would give you a shopping limit of 27,500 yen.

EDIT: fixed minor grammar error, changed phrase for clarity.
TsukiNoKemuri
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Misc Scale, Mixed Batches, Unique Materials